240 West Prospect Road
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Contact Travis Warziniack
Current work focuses on valuation of ecoystem services, particularly as they relate to water resources and watershed health. Major projects include:
- Development of the General Equilibrium Model of Ecosystem Services (GEMES) to measure ecosystem services on Western U.S. forests
- National study of water demand and supply for RPA Water Assessment
- Water and economic growth in the Colorado River Basin
- Homeowners' understanding of wildland fire risk and motivations for risk mitigating behavior
- Role of forested land in providing safe clean drinking water
Watershed health, general equilibrium modeling, ecosystem services, water demand and supply, climate change
- University of Wyoming, PHD Natural Resource Economics, 2008
- University of Texas, MS Economics, 2001
- Louisiana State University, BS Economics and Math, 1998
Featured Publications & Products
- Warziniack, Travis W. 2012. Degradation and damages from utilizing ecosystem services in a river basin.
- Warziniack, Travis; Finnoff, David; Bossenbroek, Jonathan; Shogren, Jason F.; Lodge, David. 2011. Stepping stones for biological invasion: A bioeconomic model of transferable risk.
Publications & Products
- Warziniack, Travis W.; Finnoff, David; Shogren, Jason F. 2013. Public economics of hitchhiking species and tourism-based risk to ecosystem services.