240 West Prospect Road
Contact Travis Warziniack
Current work focuses on valuation of ecoystem services, particularly as they relate to water resources and watershed health. Major projects include:
- Development of the General Equilibrium Model of Ecosystem Services (GEMES) to measure ecosystem services on Western U.S. forests
- National study of water demand and supply for RPA Water Assessment
- Water and economic growth in the Colorado River Basin
- Homeowners' understanding of wildland fire risk and motivations for risk mitigating behavior
- Role of forested land in providing safe clean drinking water
Watershed health, general equilibrium modeling, ecosystem services, water demand and supply, climate change
- University of Wyoming, Natural Resource Economics , 2008
- University of Texas, Economics , 2001
- Louisiana State University, Economics and Math , 1998
Featured Publications & Products
- Warziniack, Travis W. 2012. Degradation And Damages From Utilizing Ecosystem Services In A River Basin.
- Warziniack, Travis; Finnoff, David; Bossenbroek, Jonathan; Shogren, Jason F.; Lodge, David. 2011. Stepping Stones For Biological Invasion: A Bioeconomic Model Of Transferable Risk.
- Meldrum, James R.; Barth, Christopher, M..; Colter Falk, Lilia; Brenkert-Smith, Hannah; Warziniack, Travis; Champ, Patricia A. 2015. Living With Wildfire In Delta County, Colorado: Cross-Community Comparisons.
- Meldrum, James R.; Champ, Patricia A.; Brenkert-Smith, Hannah; Warziniack, Travis; Barth, Christopher M.; Falk, Lilia C. 2015. Understanding Gaps Between The Risk Perceptions Of Wildland-Urban Interface (Wui) Residents And Wildfire Professionals.
- Warziniack, Travis. 2014. A General Equilibrium Model Of Ecosystem Services In A River Basin.
- Meldrum, James R.; Champ, Patricia A.; Warziniack, Travis; Brenkert-Smith, Hannah; Barth, Christopher M.; Falk, Lilia C. 2014. Cost Shared Wildfire Risk Mitigation In Log Hill Mesa, Colorado: Survey Evidence On Participation And Willingness To Pay.
- Meldrum, James R.; Barth, Christopher M.; Falk, Lilia Colter; Brenkert-Smith, Hannah; Warziniack, Travis; Champ, Patricia. 2013. Living With Wildfire In Log Hill Mesa, Colorado.
- Warziniack, Travis W.; Finnoff, David; Shogren, Jason F. 2013. Public Economics Of Hitchhiking Species And Tourism-Based Risk To Ecosystem Services.
- Warziniack, Travis; Thompson, Matthew. 2013. Wildfire Risk And Optimal Investments In Watershed Protection.