Todd M. Wilson, Ph.D.
Corvallis Forestry Sciences Laboratory
3200 SW Jefferson Way
Contact Todd M. Wilson, Ph.D.
*Effects of forest management activities on spotted owl prey
*Ecology of flying squirrels and woodrats
*Effects of variable-density thinning on small mammals, arboreal rodents, and terrestrial amphibians
*Monitoring long-term ecological change using Research Natural Areas
Study of forest-vertebrate interactions
Why This Research is Important
Understanding the ecological effects of forest management activities can help lead to improved management strategies that ensure the health, resiliency, and long-term sustainability of forests important to humans and forest-dwelling organisms.
- Union Institute & University, Interdisciplinary Studies--Forest Ecology and Management , 2010
- The Evergreen State College, Environmental Studies , 1999
- Washington State University, Wildlife Biology , 1988
- WildlifeBiologist, USFS PNW Research Station
1991 - Current
22 years (1) examining the effects of new and traditional forest management activities on plants and wildlife in the Pacific Northwest, and (2) studying the ecology of terrestrial vertebrates, including spotted owl prey
Featured Publications & Products
- Wilson, Todd M., Ph.D..; Schuller, Reid; Holmes, Russ; Pavola, Curt; Fimbel, Robert A.; McCain, Cynthia N.; Gamon, John G.; Speaks, Pene; Seevers, Joan I.; DeMeo, Thomas E.; Gibbons, Steve. 2009. Interagency Strategy For The Pacific Northwest Natural Areas Network.
- Carey, A.B.; Wilson, T.M., Ph.D..; Maguire, C.C.; Biswell, B.L. 1997. Dens Of Northern Flying Squirrels In The Pacific Northwest..
- Villa, Lisa J.; Carey, Andrew B.; Wilson, Todd M., Ph.D..; Glos, Karma E. 1999. Maturation And Reproduction Of Northern Flying Squirrels In Pacific Northwest Forests..
- Carey, Andrew B.; Maguire, Christine C.; Biswell, Brian L.; Wilson, Todd M., Ph.D. 1999. Distribution And Abundance Of Neotoma In Western Oregon And Washington..
- Wilson, T.M., Ph.D..; Carey, A.B. 1996. Observations Of Weasels In Second-Growth Douglas-Fir Forests In The Puget Trough, Washington..
- Bayrakci, R.; Carey, A.B.; Wilson, T.M., Ph.D. 2001. Current Status Of The Western Gray Squirrel Population In The Puget Trough, Washington..
- Carey, A.B.; Thysell, D.R.; Villa, L.J.; Wilson, T.M.; Wilson, S.M., Ph.D..; Trappe, J.M.; Colgan, W., III.; Ingham, E.R.; Holmes, M. 1996. Foundations Of Biodiversity In Managed Douglas-Fir Forests..
- Willson, Todd M., Ph.D..; Forsman, Eric D. 2013. Thinning Effects On Spotted Owl Prey And Other Forest-Dwelling Small Mammals.
- Lind, A.J.; Welsh, Hartwell H., Jr..; Wilson, R.A., Ph.D. 1996. The Effects Of A Dam On Breeding Habitat And Egg Survival Of The Foothill Yellow-Legged Frog (Rana Boylii).