Phone: 828-667-5261 x201
Contact Tara Keyser
Featured Publications & Products
- Keyser, Tara. 2010. Thinning and site quality influence aboveground tree carbon stocks in yellow-poplar forests of the southern Appalachians..
- keyser, Tara; Smith, Fredrick; Sheppard, Wayne. 2010. Growth Response of Pinus ponderosa following a Mixed-Severity Wildfire in the Black Hills, South Dakota.
- Keyser, Tara L; Smith, Fredrick W; Shepperd, Wayne D. 2009. Short-term impact of post-fire salvage logging on regeneration, hazardous fuel accumulation, and understorey development in ponderosa pine forest of the Black Hills, SD, USA.
- Keyser, Tara; Smith, Frederick. 2009. Influence of Crown Biomass Estimators and Distribution on Canopy Fuel Characteristics in Ponderosa Pine Stands of the Black Hills.
- Keyser, Tara L.; Lentile, Leigh B.; Smith, Frederick W.; Shepperd, Wayne D. 2008. Changes in forest structure after a large, mixed-severity wildfire in ponderosa pine forests of the Black Hills, South Dakota, USA.
Publications & Products
- Keyser, Tara L. 2015. Effects of season of cut and residual overstory density on stump sprout growth and development.
- Keyser, Tara L.; Brown, Peter M. 2015. Long-term response of yellow-poplar to thinning in the Southern Appalachian Mountains.
- Keyser, Tara L.; Brown, Peter M. 2014. Long-term response of yellow-poplar to thinning in the southern Appalachian Mountains.
- Kabrick, John M.; Villwock, Jason L.; Dey, Daniel C.; Keyser, Tara L.; Larsen, David R. 2014. Modeling and mapping oak advance reproduction density using soil and site variables.
- Keyser, Tara; Malone, Joy; Cotton, Claudia; Lewis, Jeffrey. 2014. Outlook for Appalachian-Cumberland forests: a subregional report from the Southern Forest Futures Project.
- Keyser, Tara L.; Westfall, Robert D.; Evenden, Angela; Holmquist, Jeffrey G.; Schmidt-Gengenbach, Jutta; Franklin, Rebecca S.; Nachlinger, Jan; Delany, Diane L. 2014. Potential climatic refugia in semi-arid, temperate mountains: plant and arthropod assemblages associated with rock glaciers, talus slopes, and their forefield wetlands, Sierra Nevada, California, USA.
- Johnsen, Kurt H.; Keyser, Tara L.; Butnor, John R.; Gonzalez-Beenecke, Carlos A.; Kaczmarek, Donald J.; Maier, Chris A.; McCarthy, Heather R.; Sun, Ge. 2014. Productivity and carbon sequestration of forests in the southern United States.
- Keyser, Tara; Zarnoch, Stan. 2014. Stump sprout dynamics in response to reductions in stand density for nine upland hardwood species in the southern Appalachian Mountains.
- Keyser, Tara L.; Keyser, Chad E. 2013. Modeling the long-term effects of oak shelterwood regeneration treatments on species diversity and oak abundance in southern Appalachian forests of North Carolina.
- Greenberg, Katie; Keyser, Tara; Zarnoch, Stan; Connor, Kris. 2012. Acorn viability following prescribed fire in upland hardwood forests.
- Keyser, Tara L.; Roof, Tracy L.; Adams, Jacquelyne L.; Simon, Dean; Warburton, Gordon. 2012. Effects of prescribed fire on the buried seed bank in mixed-hardwood forests of the southern Appalachian Mountains.
- Keyser, Tara L. 2012. Patterns of growth dominance in thinned yellow-poplar stands in the southern Appalachian Mountains, USA.
- Clark, Stacy L.; Franzreb, Kathleen E.; Greenberg, Cathryn H.; Keyser, Tara; Loeb, Susan C.; Loftis, David L.; McNab, W. Henry; O'Keefe, Joy M.; Schweitzer, Callie Jo; Spetich, Martin. 2012. Researching effects of prescribed fire in hardwood forests.
- Keyser, Tara L.; Zarnoch, Stanley J. 2012. Thinning, Age, and Site Quality Influence Live Tree Carbon Stocks in Upland Hardwood Forests of the Southern Appalachians.
- Greenberg, Cathryn; Keyser, Tara L.; Speer, James. 2011. Temporal Patterns of Oak Mortality in a Southern Appalachian Forest (1991-2006)..
- Keyser, Tara L.; Smith, Frederick W.; Shepperd, Wayne D. 2005. Trembling aspen response to a mixed-severity wildfire in the Black Hills, South Dakota, USA.