Thomas A Black
322 East Front Street, Suite 401
Boise, ID 83702
Contact Thomas A Black
Current ResearchInvestigating how road systems interact with and impact stream networks.
Please see below for more information on the following:
- Geomorphic Road Analysis and Inventory Package (GRAIP) Briefing Paper
- The Geomorphic Road Assessment and Inventory Package (GRAIP) Website
- Measuring Water and Sediment Discharge - Science Briefing
- Tools to Model Road Impacts - Science Briefing
- Road Decommissioning: Picking the Right Road
Effects of disturbance on natural systems, erosion, slope stability, hillslope and watershed hydrology, forest road sediment and water issues, soil genesis, climatic and environmental change.
Selected Watershed Studies:
- University of Colorado, MA Geography, 1990
- University of California, Berkeley, BA Geography, 1988
- American Geophysical Union, Affiliate Member (1995 - Current)
Featured Publications & Products
- Eiriksson, David; Whitson, Michael; Luce, Charles H.; Marshall, Hans Peter; Bradford, John; Benner, Shawn G.; Black, Thomas; Hetrick, Hank; McNamara, James P. 2013. An evaluation of the hydrologic relevance of lateral flow in snow at hillslope and catchment scales.
- Black, Thomas A.; Luce, Charles H. 2013. Measuring water and sediment discharge from a road plot with a settling basin and tipping bucket.
- Black, Thomas A.; Cissel, Richard M.; Luce, Charles H. 2012. The Geomorphic Road Analysis and Inventory Package (GRAIP) Volume 1: Data Collection Method.
- Cissel, Richard M.; Black, Thomas A.; Schreuders, Kimberly A. T.; Prasad, Ajay; Luce, Charles H.; Tarboton, David G.; Nelson, Nathan A. 2012. The Geomorphic Road Analysis and Inventory Package (GRAIP) Volume 2: Office Procedures.
Publications & Products
- Prasad, Ajay; Tarboton, David G.; Luce, Charles H.; Black, Thomas A. 2005. A GIS tool to analyze forest road sediment production and stream impacts.
- Luce, Charles H.; Black, Thomas A. 2001. Effects of traffic and ditch maintenance on forest road sediment production.
- Luce, Charles H.; Black, Thomas A. 2001. Spatial and temporal patterns in erosion from forest roads.