Sharon L. Payne (Parkes)
GIS Specialist and AWAE Webmaster
322 East Front Street, Suite 401
Contact Sharon L. Payne (Parkes)
I am currently working on many AWAE website updates, as well as GIS projects and maps to help promote RMRS science.
Some sites of interest are below.
- The Rangewide Bull Trout eDNA Project
- The National Stream Internet Project
- Cold Water Climate Shield
- Stream Temperature Modeling and Monitoring
- NorWeST Regional Database and Modeled Stream Temperatures
- SSN & STARS - Tools for Spatial Statistical Modeling on Stream Networks
- River Bathymetry Toolkit (RBT)
- Lincoln University, B.S. Natural Resources 1997
Awards & Recognition
- 1890’s USDA Land-grant Scholar , 1993
The USDA/1890 National Scholars Program is a partnership between of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the eighteen 1890 Historically Black Land-Grant Universities. http://www.outreach.usda.gov/education/1890/
Featured Publications & Products
- Nagel, David E.; Buffington, John M.; Parkes, Sharon L.; Wenger, Seth; Goode, Jaime R. 2014. A Landscape Scale Valley Confinement Algorithm: Delineating Unconfined Valley Bottoms For Geomorphic, Aquatic, And Riparian Applications.
- Isaak, Daniel J.; Luce, Charles H.; Rieman, Bruce E.; Nagel, David E.; Peterson, Erin E.; Horan, Dona L.; Parkes, Sharon; Chandler, Gwynne L. 2010. Effects Of Climate Change And Wildfire On Stream Temperatures And Salmonid Thermal Habitat In A Mountain River Network.