Susan K. Laird
860 North 1200 East
Contact Susan K. Laird
- Analysis of FIA plants and soils for Carbon and Nitrogen content
- Analysis of Northwest US mosses and lichens for Carbon, Nitrogen, Sulfur and mercury content
- Analysis of contaminated soils, plants, water and air filters fro Selenium
- The fate of black Carbon species produced by fire and other sources in the environment.
- The chemistry of soil recovery after wildfires.
The behavior of gaseous air pollutants in the snowpack, specifically sulfate and nitrate.
Why This Research is Important
Land managers need basic chemical information to know the health of the land and to have some idea of how to help the system recover from disaster. They also need indicators to show how the environment is changing over long periods of time.
- Western Maryland College, Westminster, MD, Chemistry , 1966
- University of Wyoming, Laramie. WY, Physical Chemistry , 1998
- American Geophysical Union, Member (1996 - Current)