Sarah J. Hines
Science Delivery Specialist
240 West Prospect Road
Contact Sarah J. Hines
- University of Michigan, M.S. Environmental Science 2007
- University of Michigan, M.B.A. Sustainable Business Enterprise 2007
- Harvard University, B.A. Biological Anthropology 2002
- Science Delivery Specialist, Rocky Mountain Research Station
2011 - Current
I work with both RMRS research scientists and land managers throughout the Interior West to develop and deliver science relevant to Forest Planning, assessing climate change vulnerability, planning for climate change adaptation, and more. I am the editor of “The Science You Can Use Bulletin” (http://www.fs.fed.us/rm/science-application-integration/publications/), a bi-monthly RMRS publication with a distribution to thousands of land and resource managers in the Interior West. I currently serve as co-chair of the Climate Change Resource Center (www.fs.usda.gov/ccrc) and have been a member of the Production Team since 2010.
- Resource Specialist, Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry and Northern Research Station
2007 - 2011
I served as a Presidential Management Fellow and resource specialist with the Northeastern Area S&PF and the Northern Research Station. In this position, I helped to deliver carbon and climate change-related research and information to land managers and develop projects to facilitate mitigation and adaptation to climate change on state and private forests.
Featured Publications & Products
- Hines, Sarah J.; Heath, Linda S.; Birdsey, Richard A. 2010. An Annotated Bibliography Of Scientific Literature On Managing Forests For Carbon Benefits.
- Gillette, Nancy E.; Wood, David L.; Hines, Sarah J.; Runyon, Justin B.; Negron, Jose F. 2014. The Once And Future Forest: Consequences Of Mountain Pine Beetle Treatment Decisions.
- Hines, Sarah; Matonis, Megan. 2014. Overview Of The Future Forest Webinar Series Chapter 1.
- Hines, Sarah; Brenkert-Smith, Hannah; Champ, Patty; Joyce, Linda; Robichaud, Pete; Ryan-Burkett, Sandra. 2014. Our Relationship With A Dynamic Landscape: Understanding The 2013 Northern Colorado Flood.
- Hines, Sarah; Klopfenstein, Ned; Richardson, Bryce; Warwell, Marcus; Kim, Mee-Sook. 2013. Return Of The King: Western White Pine Conservation And Restoration In A Changing Climate.
- Hines, Sarah; Isaak, Dan; Luce, Charles; Young, Michael K. 2014. Climate Change, Crowd-Sourcing, And Conserving Aquatic Biotas In The Rocky Mountains This Century.
- Swanston, Chris; Furniss, Michael J.; Schmitt, Kristen; Guntle, Jeffrey; Janowiak, Maria; Hines, Sarah, eds. 2012. Forest And Grassland Carbon In North America: A Short Course For Land Managers.
- Birdsey, Richard; Pan, Yude; Janowiak, Maria; Stewart, Susan; Hines, Sarah; Parker, Linda; Gower, Stith; Lichstein, Jeremy; McCullough, Kevin; Zhang, Fangmin; Chen, Jing; Mladenoff, David; Wayson, Craig; Swanston, Chris. 2014. Past And Prospective Carbon Stocks In Forests Of Northern Wisconsin: A Report From The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest Climate Change Response Framework.
- Millar, Constance I.; Skog, Kenneth E.; McKinley, Duncan C.; Birdsey, Richard A.; Swanston, Christopher W.; Hines, Sarah J.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Reinhardt, Elizabeth D.; Peterson, David L.; Vose, James M. 2012. Adaptation And Mitigation.
- Skog, Kenneth E.; McKinley, Duncan C.; Birdsey, Richard A.; Hines, Sarah J.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Reinhardt, Elizabeth D.; Vose, James M. 2014. Chapter 7: Managing Carbon.