Stephanie L. Carlson
Biological Science Technician
735 North 500 East
Contact Stephanie L. Carlson
Currently assisting Stan Kitchen and the DNR in Ephraim, UT in the study to develop germplasm and culture techniques for the native, muttongrass (Poa fendleriana). Assisting Bryce Richardson with the big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata) and blackbrush(Coleogyne rassosissima) genetic work, involving photo analysis and spring, summer and fall data collection at 3 common gardens. Also assisting scientists and cooperators on data collection from numerous blackbrush locations, including genetic sampling, dating stem samples, and establishing and maintaining a common garden at the DER, UT.
Why This Research is Important
Past research includes: years of inventory and data collections from numerous restoration projects; lots and lots of seed germination, processing and growing of plants; processing packrat middens and dating of tree rings for fire history and stand age reconstruction.
- Brigham Young University, B.A. Art 1983
Featured Publications & Products
- Kitchen, Stanley G.; Carlson, Stephanie L. 2008. Great Basin Cold Desert Shrublands And The Desert Experimental Range.
- Meyer, Susan E.; Carlson, Stephanie L. 2007. Seed Germination Biology Of Intermountain Populations Of Fourwing Saltbush (Atriplex Canescens: Chenopodiaceae).
- Richardson, Bryce A.; Ortiz, Hector G.; Carlson, Stephanie L.; Jaeger, Deidre M.; Shaw, Nancy L. 2015. Genetic And Environmental Effects On Seed Weight In Subspecies Of Big Sagebrush: Applications For Restoration.
- Kitchen, Stanley G.; Meyer, Susan E.; Carlson, Stephanie L. 2015. Mechanisms For Maintenance Of Dominance In A Nonclonal Desert Shrub.
- Pendleton, Rosemary; Pendleton, Burton K.; Meyer, Susan E.; Carlson, Stephanie; Morrison, Elizabeth. 2012. Viability Of Blackbrush Seed (Coleogyne Ramosissima Torr. Rosaceae ) Following Long-Term Storage.