One Gifford Pinchot Drive
Our goal is to build upon analytical methods designed to characterize and identify complex mixtures. These methods coupled with 2 D methods will be utilize to generate comprehensive knowledge for the separation of chemical components of biomass. The development of algorithms from 2D analysis will maximize the separation for identifying processes for various biomass species.
- Pulping and biorefinery processes
- Identify and characterize anti-microbial components generated during fungal attack
- Wood's Chemical Composition (degraded lignin and extractive).
- Capillary Electrophoresis coupled with Mass Spectrometry
- Comprehensive Multi-Dimensional Gas Chromatography
- Identification and characterization of chemical components of various biomass species (carbohydrates, lignin, resin and fatty acids)
- Instruments used for characterization and identification: GCXGC TOF, CE-ESI-MS, TOC, UV-Vis, NMR, HPLC, FTIR, GC/MS, ICP-OES, CI/EI
- Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia, Analytical Chemistry , 2009
- Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama, Chemistry , 2001
- Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama, Chemistry , 1997
- American Chemical Society (ACS), Member
- National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE), Member
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI), Member
- Agarwal, Umesh P.; Ralph, Sally A.; Reiner, Richard S.; Moore, Roderquita K.; Baez, Carlos. 2014. Impacts Of Fiber Orientation And Milling On Observed Crystallinity In Jack Pine.
- Yilgor, Nural; Dogu, Dilek; Moore, Roderquita; Terzi, Evren; Kartal, S. Nami. 2013. Evaluation Of Fungal Deterioration In Liquidambar Orientalis Mill. Heartwood By Ft-Ir And Light Microscopy..