Rajinder K. Lal
Information Technology Specialist [Data Management, Security, Developer]
1 Gifford Pinchot Drive
Contact Rajinder K. Lal
My focus as a Information Technology Specialist (ITS) within the US Forest Service R&D is four fold:
- To ensure that the delivery of accurate US Forest Service R&D information for both internal and public facing communication and performance metric and accountability purposes is accomplished using centralized, US Forest Service R&D wide solutions.
- To encourage that these solutions follow best industry practices in the areas of data management, design, software development and technology standards, where feasible.
- That these solutions fullfill the security requirements of the US Forest Service and USDA
- That greater emphasis is placed on testing of solutions prior to their release.
The facilitation of ETL processed transactional data between environments that follow a two-phase commit model and has supporting checksum algorithms.
- Julliard School of Music, Classical Violin and Chamber Music Performance , 1981
- Indiana University, Classical Violin and Chamber Music Performance , 1980
- Software Developer, Ernst & Young
2001 - 2002
Served in the roles of Senior Developer for a two year project focused on the development of a multi-tiered web based application with an extensive data warehouse backend that provided near-real time management reporting abilities on media delivery, statiscal analysis, payment and billing transactions integrated from 15 individual systems.
- Software Developer, Grey Global Group
1984 - 2000
Served in the roles of a junior and senior Developer in COBOL, Java, Visual Basic and PL/SQL environments that provided Financial, Payroll, Human Resource and Media Purchasing, Payment and Statistical analysis.
- Oracle Application Users Group, Member (1999 - 2006)
Awards & Recognition
- USDA Farm Service Agency, 2008
Recognition for involvement at the national level with supporting the suite of software applications used by FSA, commercial banks and farmers to facilitate loans, crop, dairy and land management.