233 Lehotsky Hall, Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634
Contact Ross Phillips
Featured Publications & Products
- Brudnak, Lucy; Waldrop, Thomas A.; Phillips, Ross J. 2010. Use of a thermocouple-datalogger system to evaluate overstory mortality.
- Phillips, Ross J.; Waldrop, Thomas A.; Simon, Dean M. 2010. Third-year responses of understory woody regeneration to fuel reduction treatments in the Southern Appalachian Mountains.
- Waldrop, Thomas; Phillips, Ross J.; Simon, Dean A. 2010. Fuels and predicted fire behavior in the southern Appalachian Mountains and fire and fire surrogate treatments.
- Waldrop, Thomas A.; Yaussy, Daniel A.; Phillips, Ross J.; Hutchinson, Todd A.; Brudnak, Lucy; Boerner, Ralph E.J. 2008. Fuel reduction treatments affect stand structure of hardwood forests in Western North Carolina and Southern Ohio, USA.
- Greenberg, Cathryn H.; Tomcho, Aimee Livings; Lanham, J. Drew; Waldrop, Thomas a.; Tomcho, Jospeh; Phillips, Ross J.; Simon, Dean. 2007. Short-term effects of fire and other fuel reduction treatments on breeding birds in a Southern Appalachian upland hardwood forest.
Publications & Products
- Brose, Patrick H.; Dey, Daniel C.; Phillips, Ross J.; Waldrop, Thomas A. 2013. A meta-analysis of the fire-oak hypothesis: Does prescribed burning promote oak reproduction in eastern North America.
- Phillips, Ross J.; Waldrop, Thomas A. 2013. Fuel loading following fuel-reduction treatments and impacts from natural disturbances.
- Phillips, Ross J.; Waldrop, Thomas A.; Stottlemyer, Aaron D. 2013. Occurrence and spread of nonnative invasive plants in stands treated with fire and/or mechanical treatments in the upper piedmont of South Carolina.
- Greenberg, Cathryn H.; Waldrop, Thomas A.; Tomcho, Joseph; Phillips, Ross J.; Simon, Dean. 2012. Bird response to fire severity and repeated burning in upland hardwood forest.
- Phillips, Ross; Hutchinson, Todd; Brudnak, Lucy; Waldrop, Thomas. 2007. Fire and fire surrogate treatments in mixed-oak forests: Effects on herbaceous layer vegetation.
- Phillips, Ross J.; Waldrop, Thomas A.; Simon, Dean M. 2006. Assessment of the FARSITE model for predicting fire behavior in the Southern Appalachian Mountains.
- Mohr, Helen H.; Waldrop, Thomas A.; Rideout, Sandra; Phillips, Ross J.; Flint, Charles T. 2004. Effectiveness of Fire and Fire Surrogate Treatments For Controlling Wildfire Behavior in Piedmont Forests: A Simulation Study.
- Phillips, Ross J.; Waldrop, Thomas A.; Chapman, Gregg L.; Mohr, Helen H.; Callaham, Mac A.; Flint, Charles T. 2004. Effects of Fuel-Reduction Techniques on Vegetative Composition of Piedmont Loblolly-Shortleaf Pine Communities: Preliminary Results of the National Fire and Fire Surrogate Study.
- Callaham, Mac. A.; Hendrix, Paul F.; Phillips, Ross J. 2003. Occurrence of an exotic earthworm (Amynthas agrestis) in undisturbed soils of the southern Appalachian Mountains, USA.