Roy G Lopez
2500 S Pine Knoll Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Contact Roy G Lopez
Food habits of wintering bald eagles in northern Arizona. Consumption rates of vehicle-killed ungulates along northern Arizona interstate highways. Genetic variation of Coues white-tailed deer in two landscapes of the southwestern United States. Hybridization between mule deer and Coues white-tailed deer in the southwestern United States. The use of weathered antlers as a source of DNA for molecular genetic studies. Multiple peer reviewed publications based on thesis. Facilitate the use of microsatellite allele frequencies by wildlife managers to determine differences among Coues white-tailed, Eastern white-tailed, mule deer, and hybrid Coues white-tailed/mule deer. Provide insight into landscape determinants of molecular genetic variability of Coues white-tailed deer in the southwestern United States. Peer reviewed publications on wintering bald eagle utilization of local food sources.
- New Mexico State University, BS Fisheries and Wildlife Biology, 1993
- Northern Arizona University, MS Forestry, 2006
Featured Publications & Products
- Lopez, Roy G. 2006. Genetic structuring of Coues white-tailed deer in the southwestern United States.
- Grubb, Teryl G.; Lopez, Roy G. 2000. Food habits of bald eagles wintering in northern Arizona.
- Grubb, Teryl G.; Lopez, Roy G. 1997. Ice fishing by wintering Bald Eagles in Arizona.
Publications & Products
- Lopez, Roy G.; Beier, Paul. 2012. Weathered antlers as a source of DNA.