Randy B. Foltz
Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Robichaud, Pete R.; MacDonald, Lee H.; Foltz, Randy B. 2010. Fuel management and erosion.
- Foltz, R. B.; Wagenbrenner, N. S. 2010. An evaluation of three wood shred blends for post-fire erosion control using indoor simulated rain events on small plots.
- Elliot, W. J.; Foltz, R. B.; Robichaud, P. R. 2009. Recent findings related to measuring and modeling forest road erosion.
- Copeland, N. S.; Foltz, R. B. 2009. Improving erosion modeling on forest roads in the Lake Tahoe Basin: Small plot rainfall simulations to determine saturated hydraulic conductivity and interrill erodibility.
Publications & Products
- Rhee, Hakjun; Foltz, Randy B.; Fridley, James L.; Krogstad, Finn; Page-Dumroese, Deborah S. 2014. An alternative method for determining particle-size distribution of forest road aggregate and soil with large-sized particles.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Robichaud, Peter, R. 2013. Effectiveness of post-fire Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) road treatments: Results from three wildfires.
- Robichaud, Peter R.; Ashmun, Louise E.; Foltz, Randy B.; Showers, Charles G.; Groenier, J. Scott; Kesler, Jennifer; DeLeo, Claire; Moore, Mary. 2013. Production and aerial application of wood shreds as a post-fire hillslope erosion mitigation treatment.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Westfall, Breann; Kopyscianski, Ben. 2013. Turbidity changes during culvert to bridge upgrades at Carmen Creek, Idaho.
- Foltz, R. B. 2012. A comparison of three erosion control mulches on decommissioned forest road corridors in the northern Rocky Mountains, United States.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Westfall, Breann; Kopyscianski, Ben. 2012. Turbidity changes during culvert to bridge upgrades at Carmen Creek, Idaho.
- Elliot, W. J.; Robichaud, P. R.; Foltz, R. B. 2011. Erosion processes and prediction in NW U.S. forests.
- Foltz, R. B.; Elliot, W. J.; Wagenbrenner, N. S. 2011. Soil erosion model predictions using parent material/soil texture-based parameters compared to using site-specific parameters.
- Wagenbrenner, N. S.; Germino, M. J.; Lamb, B. K.; Foltz, R. B.; Robichaud, P. R. 2011. Wind erosion of soils burned by wildfire.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Copeland, Natalie S. 2009. Evaluating the efficacy of wood shreds for mitigating erosion.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Robichaud, Peter R.; Rhee, Hakjun. 2008. A synthesis of postfire road treatments for BAER teams: methods, treatment effectiveness, and decisionmaking tools for rehabilitation.
- Meadows, Dexter; Foltz, Randy; Geehan, Nancy. 2008. Effects of all-terrain vehicles on forested lands and grasslands.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Rhee, Hakjun; Elliot, William J. 2008. Modeling changes in rill erodibility and critical shear stress on native surface roads.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Yanosek, Kristina A.; Brown, Timothy M. 2008. Sediment concentration and turbidity changes during culvert removals.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Yanosek, Kristina A. 2005. Effects of road obliteration on stream water quality.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Yanosek, Kristina A. 2005. Impacts of all terrain vehicles (ATV) on National Forest lands and grasslands [Abstract].
- Gronier, James; Foltz, Randy; Showers, Charlie. 2005. Using rainfall simulators to test wood shreddings for erosion control.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Dooley, James H. 2004. Wood strands as an alternative to agricultural straw for erosion control.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Truebe, Mark. 2003. Locally available aggregate and sediment production.
- Elliot, William J.; Foltz, Randy B. 2003. The challenges in developing the WEPP cumulative effects model.
- Gorsevski, Peter V.; Foltz, Randy B.; Gessler, Paul E.; Cundy, Terrance W. 2001. Statistical modeling of landslide hazard using GIS.
- Gorsevski, Peter V.; Gessler, Paul; Foltz, Randy B. 2000. Spatial prediction of landslide hazard using discriminant analysis and GIS.
- Foltz, Randy B.; Burroughs, Edward R. 1990. Sediment production from forest roads with wheel ruts.