Contact Rachel White
I am interested in communicating science in diverse ways, developing effective strategic documents to help programs run successfully, using plain language, and designing information products that are visually appealing and audience-appropriate. My job gives me the opportunity to constantly learn about human interactions and how we communicate with each other. So much of what we strive to do depends on our ability to convey our ideas clearly and compellingly. I think everything we write, from interoffice memos to program charters to magazine stories to powerpoints, should carry its message in a straightforward manner that creates a context in which people find it easy to think.
- Portland State University, MS Professional writing, 2009
- Oberlin College, BS Biology and English, 1993
- Federal Communicators Network, Member (2011 - Current)
Active member. Currently helping the group write a charter.
Featured Publications & Products
- Rainville, Robert; White, Rachel; Barbour, Jamie, tech. eds. 2008. Assessment Of Timber Availability From Forest Restoration Within The Blue Mountains Of Oregon..
- White, Rachel; McCaffrey, Sarah. 2007. Fuels Planning: Science Synthesis And Integration.
- White, Rachel; Molina, Randy. 2006. The Pacific Northwest Research Station Biodiversity Initiative: Scooping Out The Challenges In Managing For Biodiversity..
- Nelson, Peter; White, Rachel; Molina, Randy. 2006. The Pacific Northwest Research Station Biodiversity Initiative: Collaborating For Biodiversity Management..
- Meyer, Rachelle S.; Nicholls, David L.; Patterson, Trista M.; White, Rachel E. 2013. Energy Efficiency In U.S. Forest Service Facilities: A Multiregion Review.
- White, Rachel; Mazza, Rhonda. 2011. Landscape Models: Helping Land Managers Think Big.