Contact Qinfeng Guo
Biological invasionsCommunity Ecology/BiogeographyBiodiversity and ecosystem functioning
- University of New Mexico, Ph.D. Biology (Ecology), 1994
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, M.S. Botany (Systematics), 1986
- Hebei Normal University, PRC, B.S. Geography, 1983
Featured Publications & Products
- Albright, Thomas P.; Chen, Hao; Chen, Lijun; Guo, Qinfeng. 2010. The ecological niche and reciprocal prediction of the disjunct distribution of an invasive species: the example of Ailanthus altissima.
- Ren, Hai; Lu, Hongfang; Shen, Weijun; Huang, Charlie; Guo, Qinfeng; Li, Zhi'an; Jian, Shuguang. 2010. Sonneratia apetala Buch. Ham in the mangrove ecosystems of China: An invasive species or restoration species?.
- Ren, Hai; Ma, Guohua; Zhang, Qianmei; Guo, Qinfeng; Wang, Jun; Wang, Zhengfeng. 2010. Moss is a key nurse plant for reintroduction of the endangered herb, Primulina tabacum Hance..
- Guo, Qinfeng; Ricklefs, Robert. 2010. Domestic exotics and the perception of invasibility.
- Ren, Hai; Zhang, Qianmei; Wang, Zhengfeng; Guo, Qinfeng; Wang, June; Liu, Nan; Liang, Kaiming. 2010. Conservation and possible reintroduction of an endangered plant based on an analysis of community ecology: a case study of Primulina tabacum Hance in China.
Publications & Products
- Yuan, SF; Ren, H; Liu, N; Wang, J; Guo, QF. 2013. Can thinning of overstory trees and planting of native tree saplings increase the establishment of native trees in exotic acacia plantations in south china?.
- Huang, Liujing; Chen, Hongfeng; Ren, Hai; Wang, Jun; Guo, Qinfeng. 2013. Effect of urbanization on the structure and functional traits of remnant subtropical evergreen broad-leaved forests in South China.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Kelt, Douglas A.; Sun, Zhongyu; Liu, Hongxiao; Hu, Liangjun; Ren, Hai; We, Jun. 2013. Global variation in elevational diversity patterns.
- Liu, Nan; Ren, Hai; Yuan, Sufen; Guo, Qinfeng; Yang, Long. 2013. Testing the stress-gradient hypothesis during the restoration of tropical degraded land using the shrub Rhodomyrtus tomentosa as a nurse plant.
- Hu, Liangjun; Guo, Qinfeng. 2013. What does productivity really mean? Towards an integrative paradigm in the search for biodiversity-productivity relationships.
- Ren, Hai; Lu, Hongfang; Wang, Jun; Liu, Nan; Guo, Qinfeng. 2012. Forest Restoration in China: Advances, Obstacles, and Perspectives.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Rejmanek, Marcel; Wen, Jun. 2012. Geographical, socioeconomic, and ecological determinants of exotic plant naturalization in the United States: insights and updates from improved data.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Norman, Steve. 2012. Improving restoration to control plant invasions under climate change.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2012. Incorporating latitudinal and central–marginal trends in assessing genetic variation across species ranges.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Sax, Dov F.; Qian, Hong; Early, Regan. 2012. Latitudinal shifts of introduced species: possible causes and implications.
- Wang, S.; Zhang, Z.; Sun, G.; Strauss, P.; Guo, J.; Tang, Y.; Yao, A. 2012. Multi-site calibration, validation, and sensitivity analysis of the MIKE SHE Model for a large watershed in northern China.
- Miao, ShiLi; Li, Yi; Guo, Qinfeng; Yu, Hua; Ding, JiangQing; al., et . 2012. Potential Alternatives to Classical Biocontrol: Using Native Agents in Invaded Habitats and Genetically Engineered Sterile Cultivars for Invasive Plant Management.
- Ren, Hai; Zeng, Songjun; Li, Longna; Zhang, Qianmei; Yang, Long; Wang, Jun; Wang, Zhengfeng; Guo, Qinfeng. 2012. Reintroduction of Tigridiopalma magnifica, a rare and critically endangered herb endemic to China.
- Liu, Nan; Guo, Qinfeng. 2012. Resource-use efficiencies of three indigenous tree species planted in resource islands created by shrubs: implications for reforestation of subtropical degraded shrublands.
- Ren, Hai; Zhang, Qianmei; Lu, Hongfang; Liu, Hongxiao; Guo, Qinfeng; Wang, Jun; Jian, Shuguang; Bao, Hai’ou. 2012. Wild Plant Species with Extremely Small Populations Require Conservation and Reintroduction in China.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2011. Book review: Encyclopedia of biological invasions.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2011. Counting “exotics”.
- Li, Zhenyu; Dong, Quan; Albright, Thomas; Guo, Qinfeng. 2011. Natural and human dimensions of a quasi-wild species:the case of kudzu.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2011. Seed size- and density-related hidden treatments in common biodiversity experiments.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Falcone, Josephine; Brownsmith, Joe. 2009. Building the database for introduced plants in the United States.
- Guo, Q. 2009. Interactive effects of diversity and biomass on productivity: insights from succession.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Symstad, Amy. 2008. A two-part measure of degree of invasion for cross-community comparisons.
- Ricklefs, Robert E.; Guo, Qinfeng; Qian, Hong. 2008. Growth form and distribution of introduced plants in their native and non-native ranges in Eastern Asia and North America.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2008. Interactive Effects of Diversity and Biomass on Productivity: Insights from Succession.
- Ren, Hai; Jian, Shuguang; Lu, Hongfang; Zhang, Qianmei; Shen, Weijun; Han, Weidong; Yin, Zuoyun; Guo, Qinfeng. 2008. Restoration of mangrove plantations and colonisation by native species in Leizhou bay, South China.
- Du, Xiaojun; Guo, Qinfeng; Gao, Xianming; Na, Keping. 2007. Seed rain, soil seed bank, seed loss and regeneration of Castanopsis fargesii (Fagaceae) in a subtropical evergreen broad-leaved forest.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2007. The diversity-biomass-productivity relationships in grassland management and restoration.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Taper, Mark; Schoenberger, Michele; Brandle, J. 2005. Spatial-temporal population dynamics across species range: from centre to margin.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Brandle, J.; Schoeneberger, Michele; Buettner, D. 2004. Simulating the dynamics of linear forests in great plains agroecosystems under changing climates.
|U.S. Invasive Plants Identified in Comprehensive Database|
Scientists in SRS' Eastern Forest Environmental Threat Assessment Center are developing a database of the more than 4,000 plants introduced into ...