Director of Partnerships and Collaboration
The Barn Rm 120A, UC Davis
Davis, CA 95616
Dr. Stine leads the development of partnerships to create landscape laboratories in the Pacific states (California, Oregon, and Washington) which includes three basic principles:
- Research on land management strategies at a landscape scale will reap crucial knowledge for future forest management applications
- Mutual understanding and respect between research and management includes a shared commitment to learning
- Collaborative management and research projects, and communications programs are developed jointly
- University of California at Santa Barbara, Ph.D. Geography, 1995
- University of California, Berkeley, M.S. Wildland Resources Science, 1977
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S. Forestry and Conservation, 1975
- Director of Partnerships and Collaboration, Pacific Southwest Research Station, USDA Forest Service
2013 - Current
- National Coordinator for Experimental Forests and Ranges, Pacific Northwest Research Station, USDA Forest Service
2010 - 2013
- Research Program Manager, Sierra Nevada Research Center, Pacific Southwest Research Station, USDA Forest Service
2000 - 2010
Publications & Products
- Stine, Peter; Hessburg, Paul; Spies, Thomas; Kramer, Marc; Fettig, Christopher J.; Hansen, Andrew; Lehmkuhl, John; O'Hara, Kevin; Polivka, Karl; Singleton, Peter; Charnley, Susan; Merschel, Andrew; White, Rachel. 2014. The ecology and management of moist mixed-conifer forests in eastern Oregon and Washington: a synthesis of the relevant biophysical science and implications for future land management.
- Collins, Brandon M.; Kramer, Heather A.; Menning, Kurt; Dillingham, Colin; Saah, David; Stine, Peter A.; Stephens, Scott L. 2013. Modeling hazardous fire potential within a completed fuel treatment network in the northern Sierra Nevada.
- North, M.; Boynton, R.M.; Stine, P.A.; Shipley, K.F.; Underwood, E.C.; Roth, N.E.; Viers, J.H.; Quinn, J.F. 2012. Chapter 10: Geographic information system landscape analysis using GTR 220 concepts.
- Stine, P.; Conway, S. 2012. Chapter 13: Applying GTR 220 Concepts on the Sagehen Experimental Forest.
- North, M.; Stine, P. 2012. Chapter 14: Clarifying concepts.
- North, Malcolm; Stine, Pete; Zielinski, William; O’Hara, Kevin; Stephens, Scott. 2010. Harnessing fire for wildlife.
- North, Malcolm; Stine, Peter; O'Hara, Kevin; Zielinski, William; Stephens, Scott. 2009. An ecosystem management strategy for Sierran mixed-conifer forests.
- Stine, Peter A.; Murphy, Dennis D. 2004. Achieving a nexus of science, management, and policy in the Sierra Nevada.
- Murphy, Dennis D.; Fleishman, Erica; Stine, Peter A. 2004. Biodiversity in the Sierra Nevada.
- Murphy, Dennis D.; Stine, Peter A. 2004. Proceedings of the Sierra Nevada Science Symposium.
- Guldin, James M.; Cawrse, David; Graham, Russell; Hemstrom, Miles; Joyce, Linda; Kessler, Steve; McNair, Ranotta; Peterson, George; Shaw, Charles G.; Stine, Peter; Twery, Mark; Walter, Jeffrey. 2003. Science Consistency Reviews A Primer for Application.
- Guldin, James M.; Cawrse, David; Graham, Russell; Hemstrom, Miles; Joyce, Linda; Kessler, Steve; McNair, Ranotta; Peterson, George; Shaw, Charles G.; Stine, Peter; Twery, Mark; Walter, Jeffrey. 2003. The Science Consistency Review A Tool To Evaluate the Use of Scientific Information in Land Management Decisionmaking.