Research Fishery Biologist
Olympia Forestry Sciences laboratory
Olympia, WA 98512-9193
Featured Publications & Products
- Bisson, Peter A.; Dunham, Jason B.; Reeves, Gordon H. 2009. Freshwater ecosystems and resilience of Pacific Salmon: habitat management based on natural variability.
- Bisson, Peter A.; Gregory, Stanley V.; Nickelson, Thomas E.; Hall, James D. 2008. The Alsea Watershed Study: a comparison with other multi-year investigations in the Pacific Northwest.
- Bisson, Peter A. 2007. The role of watersheds in reconciling fisheries with conservation..
- McDonald, Lyman L.; Bilby, Robert; Bisson, Peter A.; Coutant, Charles C.; Epifanio, John M.; Goodman, Daniel; Hanna, Susan; Huntly, Nancy; Merrill, Erik; Riddell, Brian; Liss, William; Loudenslager, Eric J.; Philipp, David P.; Smoker, William; Whitney, Richard R.; Williams, Richard N. 2007. Research, monitoring and evaluation of fish and wildlife restoration projects in the Columbia River Basin: Lessons learned and suggestions for large-scale monitoring programs..
- Bisson, Peter A.; Beechie, Timothy J.; Pess, George R. 2007. Reconciling fisheries with conservation in watersheds: tools for informed decisions..
Publications & Products
- Claeson, Shannon M.; Bisson, Peter A. 2013. Passive reestablishment of riparian vegetation following removal of invasive knotweed (Polygonum).
- Naiman, Robert J.; Alldredge, J. Richard; Beauchamp, David A.; Bisson, Peter A.; Congleton, James; Henny, Charles J.; Huntly, Nancy; Lamberson, Roland; Levings, Colin; Merrill, Erik N.; Pearcy, William G.; Rieman, Bruce E.; Ruggerone, Gregory T.; Scarnecchia, Dennis; Smouse, Peter E.; Wood, Chris C. 2012. Developing a broader scientific foundation for river restoration: Columbia River food webs.
- Richardson, John S.; Naiman, Robert J.; Bisson, Peter A. 2012. How did fixed-width buffers become standard practice for protecting freshwaters and their riparian areas from forest harvest practices?.
|River Food Webs are an Important Consideration for River Restoration|
The current emphasis on restoring habitat structure, without explicitly considering food webs, has been less successful than hoped in terms of e ...