Nedialko T Nikolov
2150 Centre Ave.
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Contact Nedialko T Nikolov
Mesoscale interactions between planetary boundary layer and land-surface ecosystem processes. Improving mesoscale weather forecasts through realistic simulation of ecosystem-atmosphere energy exchange. Process modeling of the biophysical exchange of energy and trace gases (i.e. CO 2 , H 2 O, and O 3 ) between terrestrial ecosystems and the atmosphere. Vegetation Remote Sensing - Retrieval of vegetation biophysical parameters (e.g. leaf area index, surface temperature etc.) from multispectral data. Prediction of regional ecosystem productivity and ozone uptake by combining satellite-derived LAI maps with ecosystem simulation models. Modeling ecosystem response to changes in climate and ambient CO 2 concentration.
- Higher Institute of Forestry, Bulgaria, BS Forestry, 1985
- Higher Institute of Forestry, Bulgaria, MS Forestry, 1986
- Colorado State University, Ph.D. Forest Ecology, 1997
Featured Publications & Products
- Zachariassen, John; Zeller, Karl F.; Nikolov, Ned; McClelland, Tom. 2003. A review of the Forest Service Remote Automated Weather Station (RAWS) network.
Publications & Products
- Graham, Russell; Finney, Mark; McHugh, Chuck; Cohen, Jack; Calkin, Dave; Stratton, Rick; Bradshaw, Larry; Nikolov, Ned. 2012. Fourmile Canyon Fire Findings.