410 MacInnes Drive
Houghton, MI 49931
Phone: 906-482-6303 x19
Contact Lynette Potvin
As a member of the research group in Houghton I work on a variety of projects focused on obtaining a better understanding of the effects of changing conditions (climate, invasive species) on belowground processes in forest and wetland ecosystems. My main responsibilities in Houghton are mangement of research activities in the Rhizotron and Mesocosm facilities. I also serve as the lab manager for the facility, support research with graduate students and collaborators, and supervise undergraduate technicians.
- Michigan Technological University, M.S. Forest Ecology and Management, 2008
- University of Michigan, B.S. Environmental Science, 2004
Featured Publications & Products
- Shartell, Lindsey M.; Lilleskov, Erik A.; Storer, Andrew J.; Potvin, Lynette R.; Romanowicz, Karl J. 2011. Factors affecting the distribution and abundance of exotic earthworms in the Huron Mountain Club, Upper Peninsula, Michigan.
Publications & Products
- Potvin, Lynette R.; Richter, Dana L.; Jurgensen, Martin F.; Dumroese, R. Kasten. 2012. Association of Pinus banksiana Lamb. and Populus tremuloides Michx. seedling fine roots with Sistotrema brinkmannii (Bres.) J. Erikss. (Basidiomycotina).
- Potvin, Lynette; Dumroese, R. Kasten; Jurgensen, Martin F.; Richter, Dana. 2010. Mosaic Stunting in jack pine seedlings in a northern Michigan bareroot nursery.