Lawen T. Hollingsworth
Fire Behavior Analyst
Contact Lawen T. Hollingsworth
I work for the Fire Modeling Institute (FMI) tasked with technology transfer to the field including training, mentoring, and counseling in a variety of tasks such as data acquisition, data calibration, fire behavior system selection and use, and completing and interpreting fire behavior analyses.
Professional interests include fire behavior analyses, evaluating fire behavior and fire effects especially during large fire-growth days, and post-fire vegetation response.
The field often struggles in applying results from research to the real world and FMI seeks to bridge that gap.
Why This Research is Important
Past research has included inventory and monitoring to track long-term vegetation trends, effects of prescribed fire and wildfires on vegetation and fuels, and preparing fire analyses and reports consistent with mandates of federal laws such as NFMA and NEPA.
- University of Idaho, Forest Resources , 1997
- University of Montana, Forestry/Fire Ecology , 2005
- Dobrinkova, Nina; Hollingsworth, LaWen; Heinsch, Faith Ann; Dillon, Greg; Dobrinkov, Georgi. 2014. Bulgarian Fuel Models Developed For Implementation In Farsite Simulations For Test Cases In Zlatograd Area.
- Hollingsworth, LaWen T.; Kurth, Laurie L.; Parresol, Bernard R.; Ottmar, Roger D.; Prichard, Susan J. 2012. A Comparison Of Geospatially Modeled Fire Behavior And Fire Management Utility Of Three Data Sources In The Southeastern United States.
- Fay, Bret; Hollingsworth, LaWen. 2012. Bald Mountain Fire Long Term Fire Assessment - V1.0 9/24/2012.
- Hollingsworth, LaWen. 2012. Bald Mountain Fire, Eagle Cap Wilderness Area, Wallowa-Whitman National Forest, Farsite Analysis.
- Hollingsworth, LaWen T. 2010. Davis Fire: Fire Behavior And Fire Effects Analysis.