Contact Leslie Brodie
Featured Publications & Products
- Ares, Adrian; Terry, Thomas A.; Piatek, Kathryn B.; Harrison, Robert B.; Miller, Richard E.; Flaming, Barry L.; Licata, ChristopherW.; Strahm, Brian D.; Harrington, Constance A.; Meade, Rodney; Anderson, Harry W.; Brodie, Leslie C.; Kraft, Joseph M. 2007. The Fall River Long-Term Site Productivity study in coastal Washington: site characteristics, methods, and biomass and carbon and nitrogen stores before and after harvest..
- Harrington, Constance A.; Roberts, Scott D.; Brodie, Leslie C. 2005. Tree and understory responses to variable-density thinning in western Washington..
- Reutebuch, Stephen E.; Harrington, Constance A.; Marshall, David D.; Brodie, Leslie C. 2004. Use of large-scale silvicultural studies to evaluate management options in Pacific Northwest forests of the United States..
Publications & Products
- Brodie, Leslie Chandler; DeBell, Dean S. 2013. Residual densities affect growth of overstory trees and planted Douglas-fir, western hemlock, and western redcedar: results from the first decade.
- Curtis, Robert O.; DeBell, Dean S.; Marshall, David D.; DeBell, Jeffrey D.; Brodie, Leslie C. 2004. Blue Ridge layout and stand measurements.
|Harvesting Overstory Trees Results in Little Damage to Residual Trees|
A growing number of land owners and managers have expressed interest in harvest treatments that retain a partial overstory of trees to reduce th ...