Lance A. Asherin
240 West Prospect Road
Contact Lance A. Asherin
I am the manager for the long-term mensuration research studies in Arizona, Colorado, South Dakota, and Wyoming. I maintain databases associated with mensuration studies and assists in silvicultural research. I am certified as a Region 2 Silviculturist.
Current Silviculture Research I am working on:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating the irregular uneven-aged silvicultural system as a viable method for creating resilient forests.
- Identifying spatial explicit reference conditions for ponderosa pine and dry mixed conifer forests of the Colorado Front Range and the Black Hills for restoration prescription development
- Assessing spatially heterogeneous forest structure impact on fire behavior
- Characterizing patterns of tree regeneration following large wildfire
- Utilizing long-term growth studies to validate and calibrate the Forest Vegetation Simulator
- Colorado State University, Forestry , 1985
Awards & Recognition
- Outstanding Science Support, 2011
Featured Publications & Products
- Shepperd, Wayne D.; Asherin, Lance A.; Mata, Stephen A.; McClain, Douglas L. 2004. The Cutting Methods Demonstration Study At Fraser Experimental Forest.
- Negron, Jose F.; Shepperd, Wayne A.; Mata, Steve A.; Popp, John B.; Asherin, Lance A.; Schoettle, Anna W.; Schmid, John M.; Leatherman, David A. 2001. Solar Treatments For Reducing Survival Of Mountain Pine Beetle In Infested Ponderosa And Lodgepole Pine Logs.
- Asherin, Lance A.; Mata, Stephen A. 2001. Basic Tree-Ring Sample Preparation Techniques For Aging Aspen.
- Musselman, Robert C.; Shepperd, Wayne D.; Smith, Frederick W.; Asherin, Lance A.; Gee, Brian W. 2012. Response Of Transplanted Aspen To Irrigation And Weeding On A Colorado Reclaimed Surface Coal Mine.