Kirk A. Moeller
Information Technology Specialist (Application Software)
Contact Kirk A. Moeller
Working for Inventory and Monitoring (RMRS-4801) on various software tools.
My area of interest is in software and GIS tool development.
- Developed code in the Java Programming Language for the landscape simulation system SIMPPLLE (Simulating Patterns and Processes at Landscape Scales) to integrate the interaction of downscaled climate variables with species specific bioclimatic model results.
- Developing GIS tools to aid in integration and processing of data for use in SIMPPLLE and the interpretation of simulation results.
- Improved the SIMPPLLE model in the areas of performance, customizability, accuracy, usability on wide range of computer systems. Explored alternative ways to incorporate ecological research results into SIMPPLLE in a way that maintains its usefulness as a management tool. Created GIS tools to make the preparing of SIMPPLLE input data easier.
Why This Research is Important
Software and GIS Tools help scientists to understand, analyze, interact, and present their research data. With my knowledge and experience in computer science I can provide these tools.
- The University of Montana, Missoula, B.S. Computer Science 1991
- University of Montana, Missoula, M.S. Computer Science 1997
- Chew, Jimmie D.; Moeller, Kirk; Stalling, Christine. 2012. Simpplle, Version 2.5 User'S Guide.