Karen C. Short
My current research is aimed at enhancing the large-fire simulation module of the Fire Program Analysis (FPA) system, which is used to estimate burn probability and characterize expected fire behavior across the national landscape. To support this work, I developed and now maintain a geodatabase of national fire-occurrence records.
- University of Arizona, Tucson, BS Wildlife and Fisheries Science, 1996
Publications & Products
- Short, K. C. 2014. A spatial database of wildfires in the United States, 1992-2011.
- Ager, Alan A.; Day, Michelle A.; McHugh, Charles W.; Short, Karen; Gilbertson-Day, Julie; Finney, Mark A.; Calkin, David E. 2014. Wildfire exposure and fuel management on western US national forests.
- Short, K. C. 2013. A spatial database of wildfires in the United States, 1992-2011 [Discussions].
- Thompson, Matthew P.; Calkin, David E.; Herynk, Jason; McHugh, Charles W.; Short, Karen C. 2012. Airtankers and wildfire management in the US Forest Service: examining data availability and exploring usage and cost trends.