2500 South Pine Knoll Drive
Contact Jamie Sanderlin
- Fire effects on bird and small mammal communities
- Wildlife genomics of greater sage-grouse
- Assessing large-scale effects of wildfire and climate change on avian communities and habitats in the Sky Islands, Arizona
- Optimal study design of multi-species avian monitoring programs
- Lifetime reproductive success of northern goshawks
- Developing Bayesian statistical models for demographic parameter estimation with genetic studies
- Using citizen science within the Chiricahua Mountains to evaluate disturbance effects on the avian community
- Population and community dynamics
- Wildlife genomics and bioinformatics
- Bayesian statistics and hierarchical models
- Mark-recapture models with ecological applications
- Cost-effective sampling designs
- Modeling genotyping error with genetic mark-recapture studies
- Developed a Bayesian statistical model to call SNP genotypes using Next Generation Sequencing technology for inference on New Zealand sheep SNP discovery
- Developed a Bayesian state-space model to estimate population abundance, survival, and recruitment from molecular parentage data
- Ph.D. Dissertation in Wildlife Ecology and Management: Integrated demographic modeling and estimation of the central Georgia, USA, black bear population
- M.S. Statistics Thesis: Misidentification error in non-invasive genetic mark-recapture sampling: case study with the central Georgia black bear population
- Honors Thesis: Modeling patterns of dispersal in banner-tailed kangaroo rats, Dipodomys spectabilis, using capture-recapture data with the multi-strata, robust design
- Sanderlin, J. Skvarla, B. Faircloth, B. Shamblin, and M. Conroy. 2009. Tetranucleotide microsatellite loci from the black bear (Ursus americanus). Molecular Ecology Resources 9:288-291.
- Jangid, K., M. Williams, A. Franzleubbers, J. Sanderlin, J. Reeves, M. Jenkins, D. Endale, D. Coleman, W. Whitman. 2008. Relative impacts of land-use, management intensity and fertilization upon soil microbial communities in agricultural systems. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 40:2843-2853.
- Skvarla, J., J. Nichols, J. Hines, and P. Waser. 2004. Modeling interpopulation dispersal by banner-tailed kangaroo rats. Ecology 85(10):2737-2746.
Why This Research is Important
I develop analytical applications for several collaborative projects in the realm of quantitative ecology, statistics, and bioinformatics. Innovative quantitative approaches are needed to study wildlife species, especially species of special concern for National Forest Systems, since these species often occur at low densities and within patchy distributions.
- University of Georgia, Ph.D. Wildlife Ecology and Management 2009
- University of Georgia, M.S. Statistics 2009
- Purdue University, B.S. Ecology, Evolutionary, and Population Biology 2002
Featured Publications & Products
- Sanderlin, Jamie S.; Block, William M.; Ganey, Joseph L. 2014. Optimizing Study Design For Multi-Species Avian Monitoring Programmes.
- Sanderlin, Jamie S.; Lazar, Nicole; Conroy, Michael J.; Reeves, Jaxk. 2012. Cost-Efficient Selection Of A Marker Panel In Genetic Studies.
- Sanderlin, Jamie S.; Waser, Peter M.; Hines, James E.; Nichols, James D. 2012. On Valuing Patches: Estimating Contributions To Metapopulation Growth With Reverse-Time Capture-Recapture Modeling.
- Latif, Quresh; Sanderlin, Jamie; Saab, Vicki; Block, William; Dudley, Jonathan. 2016. Avian Relationships With Wildfire At Two Dry Forest Locations With Different Historical Fire Regimes.
- Ganey, Joseph L.; Block, William M.; Sanderlin, Jamie S.; Iniguez, Jose M. 2015. Comparative Nest-Site Habitat Of Painted Redstarts And Red-Faced Warblers In The Madrean Sky Islands Of Southeastern Arizona.
- Schwartz, Michael K.; Sanderlin, Jamie S.; Block, William M. 2015. Manage Habitat, Monitor Species Chapter 10.
- Stan, Amanda B.; Fule, Peter Z.; Ireland, Kathryn B.; Sanderlin, Jamie S. 2014. Modern Fire Regime Resembles Historical Fire Regime In A Ponderosa Pine Forest On Native American Land.
- Sanderlin, Jamie S.; Block, William M.; Ganey, Joseph L.; Iniguez, Jose M. 2013. Preliminary Assessment Of Species Richness And Avian Community Dynamics In The Madrean Sky Islands, Arizona.