201 Lincoln Green
Starkville, MS 39759
Contact Iris Montague
- University of Georgia, PhD Forestry Resources (Marketing and Finance concentration), 2009
- Alabama A&M University, MBA Business Administration (Marketing concentration), 2000
- Alabama A&M University, B.S. Forestry Management, 1998
- Research Forester, USDA Forest Service
2000 - Current
- Student Trainee Forestry, USDA Forest Service
1994 - 2000
- Forest Products Society, Member (2009 - Current)
Featured Publications & Products
- Montague, Iris B. 2011. Understanding chain-of-custody certification in the Appalachian hardwood region: Primary manufacturers' practices and perceptions.
- Montague, Iris; Andersch, Adrienn; Wiedenbeck, Jan; Buehlmann, Urs. 2013. Hardwood supply chain and the role of log brokers in 2012.
- Montague, Iris B. 2013. The influence of trade associations and group certification programs on the hardwood certification movement.
- Montague, Iris B.; Wiedenbeck, Jan. 2012. Cultivating connections in 2012 -- web strategies used by forest products businesses in the southern U.S..
- Montague, Iris B. 2011. Social network media in the forest products industry: A look at a new way of marketing.
Publications & Products
- Andersch, Adrienn; Montague, Iris; Buehlmann, Urs; Wiedenbeck, Janice K. 2015. U.S. Hardwood sawmill log procurement practices.
|Social Media Use in the Forest Products Industry is a New Way to do Business|
Forest Service researchers analyzed the Internet and social media usage of forest products producers in major forest-products producing states t ...