W. Henry Mcnab
1577 Brevard Road
Asheville, NC 28806
Contact W. Henry Mcnab
In my current research assignment, I obtain knowledge needed to model the composition, productivity, and distribution of relatively old and undisturbed forest vegetation in relation to environmental gradients throughout the Southern Appalachian region.
- University of Florida, M.S. Forestry, 1965
Featured Publications & Products
- McNab, W. Henry; Keyser, Chad E. 2011. Revisions to the 1995 map of ecological subregions that affect users of the southern variant of the Forest Vegetation Simulator.
- Villwock, Jason L.; Kabrick, John M.; McNab, W. Henry; Dey, Daniel C. 2011. Landform and terrain shape indices are related to oak site index in the Missouri Ozarks.
- McNab, W. Henry; Holbrook, James H.; Oprean, Ted M. 2010. Species composition and stand structure of a large red spruce planting 67 years after its establishment in western North Carolina.
- McNab, W. Henry. 2010. Estimating site index from tree species composition in mixed stands of upland eastern hardwoods: Should shrubs be included?.
- McNab, W.Henry. 2010. Effects of Landform on site index for two mesophytic tree species in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, USA.
Publications & Products
- McNab, W. Henry; Loftis, David L. 2013. A preliminary test of estimating forest site quality using species composition in a southern Appalachian watershed.
- Greenberg, Cathryn H.; Keyser, Chad E.; Rathburn, Anita K.; Fearer, Todd M.; McNab, Henry W. 2013. Forecasting long-term acorn production with and without oak decline using forest inventory data.
- McNab, W. Henry; Berg, Erik C.; Oprean, Ted M. 2013. Response to prescribed burning of 5-year-old hardwood regeneration on a mesic site in the Southern Appalachian Mountains.
- McNab, W. Henry; Stephens, Ronald B.; Rightmyer, Richard D.; Mavity, Erika M.; Lambert, Samuel G. 2012. A preliminary test of an ecological classification system for the Oconee National Forest using forest inventory and analysis data.
- Clark, Stacy L.; Mcnab, Henry; Loftis, David; Zarnoch, Stanley. 2012. American Chestnut Growth and Survival Five Years after Planting in Two Silvicultural Treatments in the Southern Appalachians, USA.
- McNab, W. Henry. 2012. Effects of thinning on aboveground carbon sequestration by a 45-year-old eastern white pine plantation: A case study.
- Clark, Stacy L.; Franzreb, Kathleen E.; Greenberg, Cathryn H.; Keyser, Tara; Loeb, Susan C.; Loftis, David L.; McNab, W. Henry; O'Keefe, Joy M.; Schweitzer, Callie Jo; Spetich, Martin. 2012. Researching effects of prescribed fire in hardwood forests.
- Greenberg, Cathryn H.; Collins, Beverly S.; Thompson, Frank R., III; McNab, William H. 2011. Introduction: what are early successional habitats, why are they important, and how can they be sustained? Chapter 1..
- Anagnostakis, S; Clark, Stacy; Mcnab, Henry. 2009. Preliminary report on the segregation of resistance in chestnuts to infestation by oriental chestnut gall wasp.
- McNab, W. Henry; Lloyd, F. Thomas. 2009. Testing ecoregions in Kentucky and Tennessee with satellite imagery and Forest Inventory data.
- McNab, Henry W.; Roof, Tracy; Lewis, Jeffrey F.; Loftis, David L. 2007. Evaluation of landsat imagery for detecting ice storm damage in upland forests of Eastern Kentucky.
- Mcnab, Henry W.; Lloyd, Thomas F. 1999. Assessing age- and silt index-independent diameter growth models of individual-tree Southern Appalachian hardwoods.
- Brender, Ernst V.; McNab, W. Henry; Williams, Shelton. 1976. Fuel accumulations in Piedmont loblolly pine plantations.