Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Erickson, Heather E.; Harrington, Constance A.; Marshall, David D. 2009. Tree growth at stand and individual scales in two dual-species mixture experiments in southern Washington State, USA.
- Erickson, Heather E.; White, Rachel. 2008. Soils under fire: soils research and the Joint Fire Science Program..
- Erickson, Heather E.; White, Rachel. 2007. Invasive plant species and the Joint Fire Science Program..
- Erickson, Heather E.; Harrington, Constance A. 2006. Conifer-Ceanothus interactions influence tree growth before and after shrub removal in a forest plantation in the western Cascade Mountains, USA..
- Ma, Siyan; Chen, Jiquan; North, Malcolm; Erickson, Heather E.; Bresee, Mary; Moine, James Le. 2004. Short-term effects of experimental burning and thinning on soil respiration in an old-growth, mixed-conifer forest.
Publications & Products
- Erickson, Heather; Davidson, Eric A.; Keller, Michael. 2002. Former land-use and tree species affect nitrogen oxide emissions from a tropical dry forest..
- North, Malcolm; Oakley, Brian; Chen, Jiquan; Erickson, Heather; Gray, Andrew; Izzo, Antonio; Johnson, Dale; Ma, Siyan; Marra, Jim; Meyer, Marc; Purcell, Kathryn; Rambo, Tom; Rizzo, Dave; Roath, Brent; Schowalter, Tim. 2002. Vegetation and Ecological Characteristics of Mixed-Conifer and Red Fir Forests at the Teakettle Experimental Forest.
- Erickson, Heather; Keller, Michael; Davidson, Eric. 2001. Nitrogen Oxide Fluxes and Nitrogen Cycling during Postagricultural Succession and Forest Fertilization in the Humid Tropics..
- DAVIDSON, ERIC A.; KELLER, MICHAEL; ERICKSON, HEATHER E.; , VERCHOT, LOUIS V..; VELDKAMP, EDZO. 2000. Testing a Conceptual Model of Soil Emissions of Nitrous and Nitric Oxides.
|Soils in Douglas-fir plantations in the Oregon Coast Range have high rates of methane uptake|
PNW scientists conducted the first study to report methane uptake rates by forest soil in the Pacific Northwest. Methane uptake was measured fiv ...