Supervisory Research Materials Engineer
One Gifford Pinchot Drive
Contact Gregory Schueneman
Elucidation of the fundamental challenges to precise control and tailoring of lignocellulosic materials such that new capabilities and research frontiers are established. The means applied toward this end are the science and technology of polymer materials science, adhesion, nanotechnology, surface science, plant biology, anatomy, and microbiology.The outreach goal is to interact with a broad and diverse group of industrial scientists and business people, academic scientists, national & international labs, and colleagues. The focus of this outreach is collaborative research, education, and dissemination of ideas and findings. Interested persons are warmly invited to contact me for discussions and collaboration.
- High Performance composites from lignocellulosic materials
- High performance coatings and surface modifications
- Nanomaterials extracted from or deposited within lignocellulosic materials
- Structural adhesives for or derived from lignocellulosic
- Biorefining/processing lignocellulosic trash, invasive species, etc into high value polymers or nanomaterials
- Collaboration with scientists involved in genetic modification of lignocellulosic species for high performance materials, chemicals, etc
- University of Massachusetts, Ph.D. Polymer Science & Engineering 1999
- University of Florida Materials, M.S. Materials Science & Engineering 1994
- University of Florida, B.S. Materials Science & Engineering 1992
- Adhesion Society, Structural Adhesives, Member (2000 - Current)
Elected Member at Large Program Committee Chairman 2013
Featured Publications & Products
- White, Christopher C.; Hunston, Donald L.; Tan, Kar Tean; Filliben, James J.; Pintar, Adam L.; Schueneman, Greg. 2012. A Systematic Approach To The Study Of Accelerated Weathering Of Building Joint Sealants.
- White, Christopher C.; Hunston, Donald L.; Tan, Kar Tean; Schueneman, Gregory T. 2012. A Test Method For Monitoring Modulus Changes During Durability Tests On Building Joint Sealants.
- Schueneman, Gregory T.; Lacher, Steven; Hunt, Christopher G.; White, Christopher C.; Hunston, Donald L. 2011. Durability Of Sealants Exposed To Outdoor Weathering And Hot Compression Cycles.
- Schueneman, Gregory T.; Kingsbury, Jeffery; Klinkerch, Edmund. 2011. Investigation Of Benign Ionic Content In Epoxy That Induces Microelectronic Device Failure.
- Iyer, Krishnan A.; Schueneman, Gregory T.; Torkelson, John M. 2015. Cellulose Nanocrystal/Polyolefin Biocomposites Prepared By Solid-State Shear Pulverization: Superior Dispersion Leading To Synergistic Property Enhancements.
- Girouard, Natalie; Schueneman, Gregory T.; Shofner, Meisha L.; Meredith, J. Carson. 2015. Exploiting Colloidal Interfaces To Increase Dispersion, Performance, And Pot-Life In Cellulose Nanocrystal/Waterborne Epoxy Composites.
- Schueneman, Gregory T.; Lacher, Steven; Hunt, Christopher G. 2015. Monitoring Sealant Durability During Instrumented Outdoor Exposure With Variation In Prestrain.
- Hunt, Christopher G.; Schueneman, Gregory T.; Lacher, Steven; Wang, Xiping; Williams, R. Sam. 2015. Non-Destructive Analysis Reveals Effect Of Installation Details On Plywood Siding Performance.
- Chen, Si; Schueneman, Greg; Pipes, R. Byron; Youngblood, Jeffrey; Moon, Robert J. 2014. Effects Of Crystal Orientation On Cellulose Nanocrystals−Cellulose Acetate Nanocomposite Fibers Prepared By Dry Spinning.
- Senalik, Adam C.; Schueneman, Greg; Ross, Robert J. 2014. Ultrasonic-Based Nondestructive Evaluation Methods For Wood: A Primer And Historical Review.
- Xu, Shanhong; Girouard, Natalie; Schueneman, Gregory; Shofner, Meisha L.; Meredith, J. Carson. 2013. Mechanical And Thermal Properties Of Waterborne Epoxy Composites Containing Cellulose Nanocrystals.