Supervisory Research Materials Engineer
One Gifford Pinchot Drive
Madison, WI 53726
Contact Gregory Schueneman
Elucidation of the fundamental challenges to precise control and tailoring of lignocellulosic materials such that new capabilities and research frontiers are established. The means applied toward this end are the science and technology of polymer materials science, adhesion, nanotechnology, surface science, plant biology, anatomy, and microbiology.The outreach goal is to interact with a broad and diverse group of industrial scientists and business people, academic scientists, national & international labs, and colleagues. The focus of this outreach is collaborative research, education, and dissemination of ideas and findings. Interested persons are warmly invited to contact me for discussions and collaboration.
- High Performance composites from lignocellulosic materials
- High performance coatings and surface modifications
- Nanomaterials extracted from or deposited within lignocellulosic materials
- Structural adhesives for or derived from lignocellulosic
- Biorefining/processing lignocellulosic trash, invasive species, etc into high value polymers or nanomaterials
- Collaboration with scientists involved in genetic modification of lignocellulosic species for high performance materials, chemicals, etc
- University of Massachusetts, Ph.D. Polymer Science & Engineering, 1999
- University of Florida Materials, MS Materials Science & Engineering, 1994
- University of Florida, BS Materials Science & Engineering, 1992
- Adhesion Society, Structural Adhesives, Member (2000 - Current)
Elected Member at Large Program Committee Chairman 2013
Featured Publications & Products
- White, Christopher C.; Hunston, Donald L.; Tan, Kar Tean; Filliben, James J.; Pintar, Adam L.; Schueneman, Greg. 2012. A Systematic Approach to the Study of Accelerated weathering of Building Joint Sealants.
- White, Christopher C.; Hunston, Donald L.; Tan, Kar Tean; Schueneman, Gregory T. 2012. ATest Method for Monitoring Modulus Changes during Durability Tests on Building Joint Sealants.
- Schuenemann, Gregory T.; Hunt, Christopher G.; Lacher, Steven; White, Chrisotpher C.; Hunston, Donald L. 2012. In situ measurement of compression set in building sealants during outdoor aging.
- Cross, L.; Schueneman, G.; Mintz, E. 2012. Polymer Matrix Nanocomposites via Forest Derived Nanomaterials.
- Schueneman, Gregory T.; Lacher, Steven; Hunt, Christopher G.; White, Christopher C.; Hunston, Donald L. 2011. Durability of sealants exposed to outdoor weathering and hot compression cycles.
- Schueneman, Gregory T.; Kingsbury, Jeffery; Klinkerch, Edmund. 2011. Investigation of “benign” ionic content in epoxy that induces microelectronic device failure.
Publications & Products
- Wolf, Rory A.; Girouard, Natalie; Xu, Shanhong; Meredith, J. Carson; Shofner, Meisha L.; Cross, Lionel; Mintz, Eric; Schueneman, Gregory T. 2013. Adhesion improvements of nanocellulose composite interfaces.
- Xu, Shanhong; Girouard, Natalie; Cross, Lionel; Mintz, Eric; Schueneman, Greg; Shofner, Meisha; Meredith, Carson. 2013. Mechanical and Thermal Property Enhancement in Cellulose Nanocrystal/Waterborne Epoxy Composites.
- Cross, L.; Schueneman, G.; Mintz, E.; Xu, Shanhong; Girouard, Natalie; Shofner, Meisha; Meredith, Carson. 2013. Nanocellulose Reinforced Epoxy Elastomer.