201 14th Street SW, 2Cen
Washington, DC 20250
Contact Guy Robertson
Broadscale ecosystem assessment. Application of Criteria and Indicators (C&I) for forest sustainability. Economic impact analysis associated with forest management and policy.
Economic dynamics of small, forest-dependent communities. Wood products production and trade.
- College of Forest Resources, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, PhD in Forest Economics Small area economic dynamics, econometrics. Dissertation on employment impacts in small, forest-dependent communities of S.E. Alaska., 1999
- Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, MA in International Studies Japan area studies. Thesis on domestic forestry in Japan., 1991
- Carleton College, Northfield, MN, BA in Philosophy Philosophy, 1983
- National Sustainability Program Leader, USDA Forest Service, Research and Development, Washington Office
2007 - Current
- Assistant Director, USDA Forest Service, Strategic Planing and Resource Assessment, Washington Office
2006 - 2007
- Policy Analyst, USDA Forest Service, Policy Analysis, Washington Office
2003 - 2006
- Regional Economist, USDA Forest Service, Alaska Region, Juneau, AK
2001 - 2003
- Post Doc (economics), USDA Forest Service, PNW Research Station, Juneau, AK
1999 - 2001
Featured Publications & Products
- Cubbage, Frederick C.; McGinley, K.; Moffat, S.; Lin, L.; Robertson, G. 2012. Implementation Of The U.S. Legal, Institutional, And Economic Criterion And Indicators For The 2010 Montreal Process For Sustainable Forest Management.
- Robertson, Guy C. 2003. A Test Of The Economic Base Hypothesis In The Small Forest Communities Of Southeast Alaska..
- Robertson, Guy C.; Brooks, David J. 2001. Assessment Of The Competitive Position Of The Forest Products Sector In Southeast Alaska, 1985-94..
Publications & Products
- Allen, Stewart D.; Robertson, Guy; Schaefers, Julie. 1998. Economies In Transition: An Assessment Of Trends Relevant To Management Of The Tongass National Forest..