180 Canfield St.
Contact George Racin
We have developed a Forest Stand Carbon Simulator based on Tree Growth Models to estimate the amount of carbon sequestered during growth of a forest stand. This web software uses Java and Three-Tier Client/Server technology.
Why This Research is Important
This information can be used to identify cost-effective sequestration technologies and will allow researchers, policy planners, and individuals to estimate the carbon sequestered by forest stands. Using Java Client/Server technology, more software tools can be made accessible via the Web.
- Cornell University, B.S. Engineering
- Cornell University, M.S. Engineering
- West Virginia Society of Professional Engineers
- West Virginia Society of Professional Surveyors
Featured Publications & Products
- Racin, George; Colbert, J.J. 2004. Stand-Damage Model With Java (Version 3.0).
- Colbert, J.J.; Racin, George. 2001. How To Use The Stand-Damage Model: Version 2.0. (Computer Program).
- Colbert, J. J.; Racin, George. 1995. User'S Guide To The Stand-Damage Model: A Component Of The Gypsy Moth Life System Model.
- Racin, George; Colbert, J. J. 1995. Guide To The Stand-Damage Model Interface Management System.
- Colbert, J. J.; Racin, G. E. 1991. Gypsy Moth Life System Model.