E. Louise Loudermilk
320 Green St
Athens, GA 30602
Contact E. Louise Loudermilk
My research interests include modeling forest ecosystems to better understand processes occuring at multiple scales. This includes interactions at the plant-plant level, stand-level demographics, to landscape successional patterns, with a special interest in spatial and temporal dynamics associated with natural and anthropogenic disturbances. My research includes aspects of forest and fire ecology, fire science, geostatistics, forest management, ecophysiology, and application of remote sensing, including LIDAR.
- University of Florida, PhD Interdisciplinary Ecology, 2010
- University of Florida, MS Forestry, 2005
- University of Florida, BS Animal Science, 2001
Featured Publications & Products
- Loudermilk, E.L.; Hiers, J.K.; O’Brien, J.J.; Mitchell, R.J.; Singhania, A.; Fernandez, J.C.; Cropper, W.P.; Slatton, K.C. 2009. Ground-based LIDAR: a novel approach to quantify fine-scale fuelbed characteristics.
Publications & Products
- Loudermilk, E. Louise; Singhania, Abhinav; Fernandez, Juan C.; Hiers, J. Kevin; O'Brien, Joseph J.; Cropper Jr., Wendell P.; Slatton, K. Clint; Mitchell, Robert J. 2007. Application of ground-based LIDAR for fine-scale forest fuel modeling.