Daniel M. Jimenez
5765 West Broadway
Contact Daniel M. Jimenez
My research has included studies on heat transfer and fluid flow model development and validation used to predict incident heat, temperature, wind profiles, and fire effects on forest landscapes, vegetation and soil types. In collaboration with scientists at the Fire Lab and elsewhere, I have worked on the development and delivery of computer software to support fire and fuels managers, including the soil heating component of FOFEM (a First Order Fire Effects Model), FireStem (a physics based tree mortality model), and WindWizard (a gridded wind profile model). In addition, I work with fellow lab engineers and technicians to design, develop and fabricate field instrumentation used for data collection on prescribed and wildland fires. My research projects include: First Order Fire Effects Model (FOFEM), FireStem and WindWizard.
- Rutgers University, Chemical Engineering ,
- Washington State University, Civil/Environmental Engineering ,
Featured Publications & Products
- Jimenez, Dan; Forthofer, Jason; Reardon, James; Butler, Bret. 2007. Fire Behavior Sensor Package Remote Trigger Design.
- Butler, Bret W.; Finney, Mark; Bradshaw, Larry; Forthofer, Jason; McHugh, Chuck; Stratton, Rick; Jimenez, Dan. 2006. Windwizard: A New Tool For Fire Management Decision Support.
- Butler, B. W.; Wagenbrenner, N. S.; Forthofer, J. M.; Lamb, B. K.; Shannon, K. S.; Finn, D.; Eckman, R. M.; Clawson, K.; Bradshaw, L.; Sopko, P.; Beard, S.; Jimenez, D.; Wold, C.; Vosburgh, M. 2015. High-Resolution Observations Of The Near-Surface Wind Field Over An Isolated Mountain And In A Steep River Canyon.
- Jimenez, Dan; Finney, Mark A.; Cohen, Jack. 2010. Design And Construction Of Gas-Fed Burners For Laboratory Studies Of Flame Structure.
- Jimenez, Dan. 2010. Firefighter Math - A Web-Based Learning Tool.
- Finney, Mark A.; Jimenez, Dan; Cohen, Jack D.; Grenfell, Isaac C.; Wold, Cyle. 2010. Structure Of Diffusion Flames From A Vertical Burner.
- Jimenez, D.; Butler, B.; Hiers, K.; Ottmar, R.; Dickinson, M.; Kremens, R.; O'Brien, J.; Hudak, A.; Clements, C. 2009. Rx-Cadre (Prescribed Fire Combustion-Atmospheric Dynamics Research Experiments) Collaborative Research In The Core Fire Sciences.
|Central Data Set Informs Next Generation of Fire and Smoke Models|
RxCADRE, the Prescribed Fire and Combustion and Atmospheric Dynamics Research Experiment, is a collection of resources and fire and fuels data o ...