Cindy S. S Swanson
Program Manager Human Dimensions
200 East Broadway, P.O. Box 7669
Missoula, MT 59807
Contact Cindy S. S Swanson
Changing demographics and economies of the Rocky Mountain West. Facilitate the development and technology transfer of climate change research. Provide a consistent and integrated approach for managers related to climate change. Provide information related to the changing economies of the west which will allow managers to be more responsive to public wants and desires.
Interaction and interface of human and biological systems particularly related to human migration to lands adjacent to public lands. Indentification of human migration motivators and how these changing human demands add stress to ecosystems. Interest has expanded to the added stress climate change may have on human and biological adaptation options.
- University of Wyoming, BS Wildlife Management and Biology, 1980
- University of Wyoming, MS Economics, 1982
- Ohio State University, Ph.D. Agricultural Economics, 1992
Featured Publications & Products
- Raphael, Martin G.; Molina, Randy; Flather, Curtis H.; Holthausen, Richard S.; Johnson, Richard L.; Marcot, Bruce G.; Olson, Deanna H.; Peine, John D.; Sieg, Carolyn Hull; Swanson, Cindy S. 2007. A process for selection and implementation of conservation approaches.
Publications & Products
- Swanson, Cindy; Thomas, Michael; Donnelly, Dennis M. 1989. Economic value of big game hunting in southeast Alaska.
|Adapting to Climate Change in National Forests: A Workshop for Resource Managers|
In April of 2010, scientists from the Rocky Mountain, Pacific Northwest, and Pacific Southwest Research Stations organized and conducted a works ...
|Aiding Visitation Management in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness|
The unique wilderness of Boundary Waters Canoe Area draws over 250,000 visitors annually, making it one of the most popular wilderness areas in ...
|Improving the assessment of wildfire risk|
A new risk analysis framework has been designed to help resource managers and policy-makers weigh investments and mitigation measures to reduce ...
|Management of Western Water Resources in a Changing Climate|
Hydrologists and water and resource managers from National Forests and eight governmental and non-governmental organizations planned and partici ...
|Rangelands On The Edge|
City and county planners across the US will have a new toolkit to better manage development encroachment into rangelands. The 'Rangelands on the ...