Charlie G. Carll
Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Stark, Nicole M.; Cai, Zhiyong; Carll, Charles. 2010. Wood-based composite materials : panel products, glued-laminated timber, structural composite lumber, and wood-nonwood composite materials.
- Glass, Samuel V.; Carll, Charles G.; Curole, Jay P.; Voitier, Matthew D. 2010. Moisture performance of insulated, raised, wood-frame floors : a study of twelve houses in southern Louisiana.
- Lebow, Patricia K.; Carll, Charles G. 2010. Investigation of shift in decay hazard (Scheffer) index values over the period 1969-2008 in the conterminous United States.
- Boardman, C. R.; Glass, Samuel V.; Carll, Charles G. 2010. Estimating foundation water vapor release using a simple moisture balance and AIM-2 : case study of a contemporary wood-frame house.
Publications & Products
- Boardman, C.R.; Glass, Samuel V.; Carll, Charles G. 2011. Moisture meter calibrations for untreated and ACQ-treated southern yellow pine lumber and plywood.
- Carll, Charles G.; Boardman, Charles R.; Olson, Collin L. 2010. Case study : performance of a house built on a treated wood foundation system in a cold climate.
- Drumheller, S. Craig; Carll, Charles G. 2010. Effect of cladding systems on moisture performance of wood-framed walls in a mixed-humid climate.
- Katsaros, James D.; Carll, Charles G. 2009.
Extreme exposure fenestration installations : the Florida challenge.
- Carll, Charles G. 2009. Decay hazard (Scheffer) index values calculated from 1971-2000 climate normal data.
- Burke, Edward; Bonura, Tony; Carll, Charles G.; Connelly, Dennis; Hunt, Christopher; Mall, Doug; Nebelsick, Arnie; Slavik, Norm; Stuart, Brent; Wiedenhoeft, Alex; Williams, R. Sam. 2009. Improving the performance of painted wood siding : rain screen, end-grain seal, and back priming.
- Glass, Samuel V.; Carll, Charles G. 2009. Moisture meter calibration for untreated and ACQ-treated southern yellow pine plywood.
- Clausen, Carol A.; Glaeser, Jessie A.; Glass, Samuel V.; Carll, Charles. 2009. Occurrence of mold in a two-story wood-frame house operated at design indoor humidity levels.
- Carll, Charles G.; Wiedenhoeft, Alex C. 2007. Mechanical property loss and the occurrence of wood decay during experimental outdoor aging of wood based panels.
- Carll, Charles; TenWolde, Anton; Munson, Robert. 2007. Moisture performance of a contemporary wood-frame house operated at design indoor humidity levels.
- Carll, Charles. 2006. The ins and outs of caulking.
- TenWolde, Anton; Carll, Charles. 2004. Durability of hardboard siding.
- Patton-Mallory, Marcia; Franzreb, Kathleen; Carll, Charles; Cline, Richard. 2000. Ethical Conduct for Research: A Code of Scientific Ethics.
- Patton-Mallory, Marcia; Franzreb, Kathleen; Carll, Charles; Cline, Richard. 2000. Ethical conduct for research : a code of scientific ethics.
- Carll, Charles G.; Highley, Terry L. 1999. Decay of wood and wood-based products above ground in buildings.
- TenWolde, Anton.; Carll, Charles G.; Malinauskas, Vyto. 1998. Air pressures in wood frame walls.
- Carll, Charles G. 1997. Review of thickness swell in hardboard siding : effect of processing variables.
|Centennial Edition, Wood Handbook—Wood as an Engineering Material|
The Wood Handbook—Wood as an Engineering Material serves as a primary reference document for a wide variety of users-from the general publ ...
|Recalculating the Decay Hazard Index|
Climate index values for estimating decay hazard to wood exposed outdoors above ground, commonly known as Scheffer index values, were calculated ...