Barbara "Babs" McDonald
Program Manager, Science Education & Environmental Literacy
320 Green St.
Contact Barbara "Babs" McDonald
Developing environmental education evaluation instruments. Present other's research results to lay audiences.
I currently help produce, with the Cradle of Forestry Interpretive Association, middle school and elementary school science education journals based on published Forest Service research. These journals, called the Natural Inquirer and the Investi-gator, are distributed free to educators and students nationwide and worldwide. http://www.naturalinquirer.org and http://scienceinvestigator.org. My interest, therefore, is in the communication of research results and the scientific process to students.
Spiritual benefits and uses of natural and wilderness areas.
- University of Georgia, Ph.D. Adult learning; Adult education; Transformational learning, Adult environmental learning 1998
- North Carolina State University, M.S. Natural Resource and Outdoor Recreation Managment 1983
- North American Association For Environmental Education, Member (1996 - Current)
Member; Past Annual Conference Chair
Awards & Recognition
- Chief's Award, 2005
Chief's Award for Excellence in Technology Transfer
Featured Publications & Products
- Cordell, H. Ken; McDonald, Barbara L.; Teasley, R. Jeff; Bergstrom, John C.; Martin, Jack; Bason, Jim; Leeworthy, Vernon R. 1999. Outdoor Recreation Participation Trends.
- Cordell, H. Ken; Tarrant, Michael A.; McDonald, Barbara L.; Bergstrom, John C. 1998. How The Public Views Wilderness: More Results From The Usa Survey On Recreation And The Environment.