400 N. 34th Street, Suite 201
Seattle, WA 98103
Contact Marcia Patton-Mallory
My research focuses on the options for and consequences of climate change policy on addressing threats and risk to natural resources and the communities that depend on them.
Risk assessment and the influence of human values on threat perception.
My past work explored a number of issues, including the bioenergy and climate change policy interactions, options for using wood from bark-beetle-affected forests, improved design criteria for wooden structures, and nondestructive wood structure evaluation.
Why This Research is Important
The perception of risk and threats will influence what types of climate change policy will be acceptable to people. Also, linking climate change mitigation and adaptation efforts to address threats is needed to provide no regrets options for the future.
- Colorado State University, Ph.D. Civil Engineering, 1996
- Colorado State University, M.S. Civil Engineering, 1983
- Colorado State University, B.S. Forestry and Natural Resources, 1979
Featured Publications & Products
- Skog, Kenneth E.; Rummer, Robert; Jenkins, Bryan; Parker, Nathan; Tittman, Peter; Hart, Quinn; Nelson, Richard; Gray, Ed; Schmidt, Anneliese; Patton-Mallory, Marcia; Gayle, Gordon. 2009. A strategic assessment of biofuels development in the Western States.
- Skog, Kenneth E.; Patton-Mallory, Marcia; Rummer, Robert B.; Barbour, R. James. 2008. Strategic assessment of bioenergy development in the West : spatial analysis and supply curve development : final report, The University of California, Davis, September 1, 2008.
- Skog, Kenneth E.; Patton-Mallory, Marcia; Rummer, Robert R.; Barbour, R. James. 2008. Strategic assessment of bioenergy development in the West : biomass resource assessment and supply analysis for the WGA region : final report, Kansas State University and the U.S. Forest Service, September 1, 2008..
- Patton-Mallory, Marcia; Franzreb, Kathleen; Carll, Charles; Cline, Richard. 2000. Ethical conduct for research : a code of scientific ethics.
- Patton-Mallory, Marcia; Franzreb, Kathleen; Carll, Charles; Cline, Richard. 2000. Ethical Conduct for Research: A Code of Scientific Ethics.
Publications & Products
- Finch, Deborah M.; Patton-Mallory, Marcia. 1993. Closing the gap between research and management.