Sue M. Lietz
5985 Highway K
Rhinelander, WI 54501-9128
Contact Sue M. Lietz
I provide geospatial analysis and data managment support for the research scientists at the Institute for Applied Ecosystem Studies. This research explores solutions to resilience of forest ecosystems and extreme forest disturbances to name just a few projects. I apply simulation models, GIS and statistical software to explore impacts of management decisions and changing climate on the Lake States and northeast US ecosystems. I also provide mangement support to the Northern Research Station Research Natural Areas program.
- GIS Certification Institute, Park Ridge, IL, GISP Geographic Information Systems Professional Certification, 2007
- Iowa State University, B.Sc. Forest Management, 1980
- The Natural Areas Association, Full Member (2006 - Current)
- Northern Research Station, Rna State Representative (2003 - Current)
- International Association for Landscape Ecology (U.S. Chapter), Full Member (2002 - Current)
- Society of American Foresters, Full Member (1980 - Current)
- Rhinelander Northwood Nordic Ski Club, Board Member (2005 - 2013)
- Northern Research Station, Committee Member (2007 - 2009)
- American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Full Member (1992 - 2009)
Featured Publications & Products
- Wolter, Peter T.; Sturtevant, Brian R.; Miranda, Brian R.; Lietz, Sue M.; Townsend, Phillip A.; Pastor, John. 2012. Forest Land Cover Change (1975-2000) In The Greater Border Lakes Region.
- Gustafson, Eric J.; Lietz, Sue M.; Wright, John L. 2003. Predicting The Spatial Distribution Of Aspen Growth Potential In The Upper Great Lakes Region.
- Andersen, Osh (Barbara); Crow, Thomas R.; Lietz, Sue M.; Stearns, Forest. 1996. Transformation Of A Landscape In The Upper Mid-West, Usa: The History Of The St. Croix River Valley, 1830 To Present.