C. Andrew Dolloff
1650 Ramble Road
Blacksburg, VA 24060-6349
Contact C. Andrew Dolloff
Basinwide estimation of fish production in forested watersheds in the Southern Appalachians; reconstruction of aquatic habitat using large woody debris; influence of acid precipitation on fish population dynamics/ecology; use of surrogate species to evaluate the impact of habitat disturbance on threatened, endangered or sensitive benthic riffle fishes; influence of natural and human-related disturbance on trout and trout stream ecology.
- Montana State University, Ph.D. Fisheries and Wildlife, 1983
- North Carolina State University, M.S. Zoology, 1979
- University of Maine, B.S. Wildlife Management, 1975
Featured Publications & Products
- McManamay, R. ; Orth, D.; Dolloff, C.; Frimpong, E. 2011. Regional frameworks applied to hydrology: can landscape-based frameworks capture the hydrologic variability?.
- Evans, Daniel ; Aust, Michael ; Dolloff, C. ; Templeton, Ben ; Peterson, John . 2011. Eastern hemlock decline in riparian areas from Maine to Alabama.
- McManamay, Ryan ; Webster, Jackson ; Valett, H. ; Dolloff, C. . 2011. Does diet influence consumer nutrient cycling? Macroinvertebrate and fish excretion in streams.
- Lakel, William ; Aust, Wallace ; Aust, M.; Bolding, Chad; Dolloff, C. ; Keyser, Patrick; Feldt, Robert. 2010. Sediment trapping by streamside management zones of various widths after forest harvest and site preparation.
- Kozarek, J.; Hession, W.; ASCE, M.; Dolloff, C.; Diplas, P. 2010. Hydraulic complexity metrics for evaluating in-stream brook trout habitat.
Publications & Products
- Wear, Laura R.; Aust, Michael W.; Bolding, M. Chad; Strahm, Brian D.; Dolloff, C. Andrew. 2013. Effectiveness of best management practices for sediment reduction at operation forest stream crossings.
- Carroll, Matthew B.; Aust, W. Michael; Dolloff, C. Andrew; Shaffer, Robert M. 2013. Evaluation of road approaches to four different types of stream crossings in the Virginia Piedmont.
- McManamay, Ryan A.; Orth, Donald J.; Dolloff, Charles A.; Firmpong, Emmaneul A. 2012. A regional classification of unregulated stream flows: spatial resolution and hierarchical frameworks..
- McManamay, Ryan A.; Orth, Donald J.; Dolloff, Charles A. 2012. Revisiting the homogenization of dammed rivers in the southeastern US.
- Aust, Wallace M.; Carroll, Matthew B.; Bolding, M. Chad; Dolloff, Andy. 2011. Operational forest stream crossings effects on water quality in the Virginia Piedmont.
- McManamay, Ryan ; Orth, D.; Dolloff, Charles ; Cantrell, Mark. 2010. Gravel addition as a habitat restoration technique for tailwaters.
- Dunham, Jason B.; Rosenberger, Amanda E.; Thurow, Russell F.; Dolloff, C. Andrew; Howell, Philip J. 2009. Coldwater fish in wadeable streams [chapter 8].
- Hilderbrand, Robert H.; Lemly, A. Dennis; Dolloff, C. Andrew. 1999. Habitat sequencing and the importance of discharge in inferences.