- May 27-29: Fire in Eastern Oak Forests Conference
- Jun 18-19: Free master class offered for FireWorks educational trunk, Missoula, MT
- Jun 23-25: Upland Hardwood Silviculture & Habitat Workshop
- July 29-31: July Woodland Steward Series
- Aug 19-21: August Woodland Steward Series
- Sep 14-17: Annual Meeting: National Association of State Foresters, Lake Tahoe, CA
- Sep 22-25: 19th International Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation of Wood Symposium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Research aims to restore riparian corridors and an iconic tree Research by the U.S. Forest Service at the Finger Lakes National Forest (FLNF) is exploring whether native trees can restore a degraded stream corridor and whether degraded stream corridors can help one of those native trees -- the American elm -- stage a comeback.
- Citizen scientists on wolverine watch on Bitterroot Forest The monitoring site is one of more than 20 established this year in the northern reaches of the Bitterroot and Sapphire ranges in the Bitterroot National Forest as part of a new collaborative effort led by Defenders of Wildlife to gather information on wolverines, fishers and other forest species.
- May The Forest Be With You: Using Whole Trees In Building Construction WholeTrees is an innovative company that has hit it out of the park in terms of innovating on technology while providing a substantial impact return, all while having one of the most gorgeous and aesthetically pleasing product lines you'll ever see.
- ANF proposes study of treatments for emerald ash borer The Allegheny National Forest is proposing to conduct a study on the effectiveness of different treatment methods to suppress emerald ash borer populations, which are currently devastating ash trees nationwide.
- Vivid Map Pinpoints Every Street Tree in NYC Manhattan's trees tendto get overshadowed - quite literally in some cases - by skyscrapers that line the city's streets. But they play an essential role in the city's habitat: providing oxygen, supporting wildlife, and managing the flow and movement of rainwater.