The National Recreation Reservation Service™
is your one-stop reservation resource for the
recreation facilities and activities offered by
the US Army Corps of Engineers, National Park
Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of
Reclamation and US Forest Service.
With over 60,000 reservable facilities at
over 2,500 locations, the NRRS is the largest
outdoor recreation reservation service in the
country. Whether you're heading North to
Alaska's Tongass National Forest, South to
Florida's Lake Okeechobee, East to North
Carolinas Blue Ridge Parkway, or West to
California's Los Padres National Forest, you can
reserve your place under the stars with the NRRS.
Customers can reserve the following facilities
through NRRS .
- Individual Campsites:
reserve up to 6 months in advance for all
agencies within the NRRS™, except for Yosemite
National Park. For Yosemite National Park,
reservations are available 5 months in advance
and go on-sale each month on the 15th of the
month (the entire 5th month becomes
- Cabins: reserve
up to 6 Months in advance for all agencies
within the NRRS™.
- Group Facilities:
reserve up to 12 Months in advance for all
agencies within the NRRS™.
Currently, reservations can be made through the
Internet at Recreation.gov or by TOLL FREE telephone (1-877-444-6777) or TDD (1-877-TDD-6777).
Benefits Visible To The Customer
* Customers Want a Reservation Service : According to a recent
national survey, 80 percent of the campers included in the study
said reservations were important. Of those who did not have a
reservation, 64 percent said reservations were important.
* One-stop Shopping : Customers will have access to most recreation
opportunities on federal lands, even with initial inventory, regardless
of which agency manages the land.
* Many Ways to Make a Reservation : NRRS expands customary
reservation access, mainly by telephone, to include reservation
by Internet and at some field locations.
* Trip Planning Enhanced : More detailed information on recreation
facilities and activities will be available. Computerized maps
will facilitate the reservation process.
* Referrals to Other Locations : Offers the ability to refer
customers to alternative facilities if first choice is not available.
* Many Facilities AND Activities : Expands the capability of
the reservation system beyond campgrounds to include many other
facilities and activities.
Benefits To Improve Agency Performance
* Reduced Duplication : Demonstrates agency efforts to join with other federal
partners to avoid duplication of effort.
* Reduced Workload in Field : Increased reservations reduce
workload in the field by having the contractor deal with the public
* Fiscally Responsible : Reduces amount of cash and checks
handled in the field and presents less opportunity for theft and
* Performance Based : Encourages better contractor response
to customer and agency needs because the contract is performance
based, meaning that cash incentives and disincentives will be
made to the contractor based on the quality of performance.
* Management Options : Through communications with customers
and referrals, can shift some use from heavily-utilized areas
to under-utilized ones. Can manage customer expectations and may
increase compliance with regulations.