Welcome to the Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forests Sustainability page.
Below are links to the annual Sustainability Reports, followed by a capsule summary of the report information. The 2010 report is not yet posted, but the summary points are listed. Thank you for your interest.
Accomplishments and Highlights:
- The carbon footprint for the Forests has declined since our benchmark year of 2008. Review the consumption data in Appendix A. Appendix B details greenhouse gas emissions sources.
- Several facilities have undergone audits and upgrades.... more improvements are on the way.
- Two facilities are enrolled in the Cow Power program to support renewable energy sources.
- Actions are underway to assess and develop renewable energy options for the Rochester office site.
- Alternative commuting methods saved approximately 329 gallons of fuel in fiscal year 2010.
- Battery recycling is conducted at all GMFL offices, and is open to community and partner organizations as well. Please contact an office if you need to dispost of batteries.
Page Updated 22 April, 2011