You are just a couple of steps away from a very rewarding, exciting, and fulfilling experience. Your office will consist of breath taking mountains, thousand year old majestic trees, lakes, rivers, fresh air, and an occasional conference room and real office. This is what you can expect in a career with the US Forest Service and the California Consortium (CA Consortium) can help you get there. To qualify for an internship, you must:
Maintain good academic standing as defined by the school (typically 2.0 GPA or above)
Be currently attending or enrolled at least part-time (typically 6 units) at an accredited school or university
Be eligible to work in the U.S.
OUR CC APPLICATION PROCESS HAS CHANGED!
How to apply:
- Go to www.usajobs.gov
- Create Account and Profile
- Build your Government Standard Resume
- Upload Valid Transcripts
- Search for Positions of Choice
- Complete the Eligibility Questionnaires (including Application Preferences, Core Eligibility, Minimum Qualification, and Assessment Questions) and submit application.
- Please notify us which positions you applied to (title of position, location, and date you applied) at CC@fs.fed.us so that we can track and better serve you in your journey to finding a career with the Forest Service.
If you have any questions about the California Consortium Employment Program email us at:CC@fs.fed.us
The CC staff will be glad to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. If you have any questions about our internship opportunities or how to apply, feel free to contact an Internship Coordinator in your area:
California Consortium (Located in Willows CA)
Servicing the Tahoe, Mendocino, Six Rivers, Shasta-Trinity, Klamath, Modoc, Lassen, and Plumas National Forests
Natosha Mauer (530) 934-1172
825 North Humboldt Avenue
Willows, CA 95988
California Consortium (Located in Fresno County, Clovis CA)
Servicing the Sierra, Stanislaus, Sequoia, ElDorado, and Inyo National Forests, as well as Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
Julissa Gonzalez (559) 297-0706 ext. 4962
1600 Tollhouse Road
Clovis, CA 93611
California Consortium (Located in Los Angeles County,
Servicing the Angeles, San Bernardino, Cleveland, and Los Padres National Forest
Angelina Rios (626) 574-5347
701 North Santa Anita Avenue
Arcadia, CA 91006