You are just a couple of steps away from a very rewarding, exciting, and fulfilling experience. Your office will consist of breath taking mountains, thousand year old majestic trees, lakes, rivers, fresh air, and an occasional conference room and real office. This is what you can expect in a career with the US Forest Service and the California Consortium (CA Consortium) can help you get there.
Maintain good academic standing as defined by the school (typically 2.0 GPA or above)
Be currently attending or enrolled at least part-time (typically 6 units) at an accredited school or university
Be eligible to work in the U.S.(non-citizens may apply)
To qualify for internship (Pathways) positions, you must:
To qualify for a temporary positions, you must:
Be a U.S. citizen to apply
Qualification requirements for these positions vary by position. Most positions are entry-level or require minimal work experience and education
You do not need to be a student to apply
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS HAS CHANGED!
How to apply:
- Go to www.usajobs.gov
- Create Account and Profile
- Build your Government Standard Resume
- Upload Valid Transcripts
- Search for Positions of Choice
- Complete the Eligibility Questionnaires (including Application Preferences, Core Eligibility, Minimum Qualifications, and Assessment Questions) and submit application.
- We encourage you to notify us which positions you applied to (title of position, location, and date you applied) at CC@fs.fed.us so that we can track and better serve you in your journey to finding a career with the Forest Service.
If you have any questions about the California Consortium Employment Program email us at:CC@fs.fed.us
To qualify for other positions the application process and qualification requirements vary. View Other Employment Positions webpage for more information.
The CC staff will be glad to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. If you have any questions about our internship opportunities or how to apply, feel free to contact an Internship Coordinator in your area:
California Consortium (Located in Fresno County, Clovis CA)
Servicing the Sierra, Stanislaus, Sequoia, El Dorado, and Inyo National Forests, as well as Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
Main Line: (559) 297-0706 ext. 4962
1600 Tollhouse Road
Clovis, CA 93611