Summer Internship Program - STUDENTS
TEMP POSITIONS AVAILABLE NOW! View the link below for up to date application deadlines and direct links to apply for Temporary positions with the FS
View the link below for up to date application deadlines and direct links to apply for Pathways positions with the FS
Internship (Pathways) Positions
Last Updated February 24, 2015
MOST CA internships will be available March 16, 2015 (Tentative)
Learn about other FS employment opportunities, application deadlines, and how to apply by viewing the link below.
FS Internships on USAJobs Help Center
View the link below to learn how to navigate through USAJobs to apply for positions with the Forest Service.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Learn more about Forest Service Internships offered through the California Consortium
Government Resume Guidelines
View the following links to learn how to create a government standard resume.
View our interactive map for potential position locations and addresses
Region 5 CA Map
Find out what students have to say about their employment experiences the FS
You are just a couple of steps away from a very rewarding, exciting, and fulfilling experience. Your office will consist of breath taking mountains, thousand year old majestic trees, lakes, rivers, fresh air, and an occasional conference room and real office. This is what you can expect in a career with the US Forest Service and the California Consortium (CA Consortium) can help you get there.
To qualify for internship (Pathways) positions, you must:
- Maintain good academic standing as defined by the school (typically 2.0 GPA or above)
- Be currently attending or enrolled at least part-time (typically 6 units) at an accredited school or university
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.(non-citizens may apply)
To qualify for a temporary positions, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen to apply
- Qualification requirements for these positions vary by position. Most positions are entry-level or require minimal work experience and education
- You do not need to be a student to apply
Important: To apply for FS internships (Pathways) and temporary (1039) positions, FS will only accept applications on USAJobs.
How to apply:
- Go to www.usajobs.gov
- Create Account and Profile
- Build your Government Standard Resume
- Upload valid transcripts and other relevant documents
- Search for positions of choice
- Complete the Eligibility Questionnaires (including Application Preferences, Core Eligibility, Minimum Qualification, and Assessment Questions) and submit application.
- Please notify us which positions you applied to (title of position, location, and date you applied) at CC@fs.fed.us so that we can track and better serve you in your journey to finding a career with the Forest Service.
If you have any questions about the California Consortium Employment Program email us at:CC@fs.fed.us
To qualify for other positions (not Pathway or Temporary) the application process and qualification requirements vary. View Other Employment Positions webpage for more inofrmation:
The CC staff will be glad to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. If you have any questions about our internship opportunities or how to apply, feel free to contact an Internship Coordinator in your area:
California Consortium (Located in Willows CA)
Servicing the Tahoe, Mendocino, Six Rivers, Shasta-Trinity, Klamath, Modoc, Lassen, and Plumas National Forests
Natosha Mauer (530) 934-1172
825 North Humboldt Avenue
Willows, CA 95988
California Consortium (Located in Fresno County, Clovis CA)
Servicing the Sierra, Stanislaus, Sequoia, El Dorado, and Inyo National Forests, as well as Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
Julissa Gonzalez (559) 297-0706 ext. 4962
1600 Tollhouse Road
Clovis, CA 93611
California Consortium (Located in Los Angeles County,
Servicing the Angeles, San Bernardino, Cleveland, and Los Padres National Forest
Angelina Rios (626) 574-5347
701 North Santa Anita Avenue
Arcadia, CA 91006
Back To Top