Research Topics Wildlife & Fish
About this Research:
Contributing Scientists and Staff
Coastal giant salamander.
Investigate the use of amphibians and reptiles as indicators of ecosystem status:
Investigate the landscape scale ecological attributes of the herpetofauna:
- Mattole Tributaries: Ecogeography of the herpetofauna of a Northern California watershed.
- High Lakes : Amphibian assemblages and introduced fishes in sub-alpine wilderness areas of the Klamath-Siskiyou bioregion.
- South Fork Trinity: The ecogeography of the herpetofauna, and steelhead trout in the South Fork Trinity river basin.
- Coho Salmon: Distribution of juvenile Coho salmon and headwater amphibians in relation to water temperatures in the Mattole watershed.
Investigate mechanisms of amphibians declines:
- Trinity River: Effects of damming on two herpetofaunal species in a riverine ecosystem.
- High Lakes: Effects of introduced trout on ecosystem subsidy and amphibian decline.
Investigate single species ecology (autecology):
Page contact: Garth Hodgson