About this Research:
Contributing Scientists and Staff
- Leslie Reid - Research Geologist
- Susan Hilton - Hydrologist
- Elizabeth Keppeler - Hydrologist
- Diane Sutherland Montoya - Geomorphologist
Caspar Creek Experimental Watershed Study
Due to technical problems, data downloaded before 8/16/2 contained errors that have now been corrected. Specifically:
- Rainfall (corrected 8/16/2002):
- Reconstructed and adjusted instantaneous data: errors in tip values and daily totals.
- Daily data (both list and tabular formats): errors in daily totals when contributing instantaneous values were reconstructed or adjusted.
- Streamflow daily data (corrected c. 5/09/2002):
- Reconstructed data were formerly treated as missing.
- Min, mean, and max discharge now include reconstructed data and are coded NA if entire day is missing.
- Quality codes for mean are now based on all non-missing data including reconstructions.
- Quality codes for min and max have been redefined as the code from the specific record in which the min or max occurred.
- Temperature (corrected c. 7/15/2002):
- Codes have been changed to reflect data quality, where previously codes indicated start and end of a data set.
- Gaps greater than 30 or 60 minutes, depending on the recording interval, have been coded as missing data.
- Temperature extremes, if not documented as reasonable, have been coded when:
- air temperature was less than 3.0 deg C or greater than 33 deg. C;
- water temperature was less than 0.5 deg. C or greater than 28 deg. C.