About this Research:
- Variable Retention Salvage
- Fire Severity Transects
- Seedling Spacing / Variable Density
- Bare Root vs. Container Stock Seedling
Cone Fire Research - Publications
- Skinner, Carl N.; Ritchie Martin W; Hamilton, Todd; Symons, Julie. 2005. Effects of thinning and prescribed fire on wildfire severity. In: Proceedings of the twenty-fifth forest vegetation management conference: 25 years of excellence—where we are, where we've been & where we're going. January 20-22, 2004. Redding, California. pp. 80-91.
- Ritchie, Martin W.; Skinner, Carl N.; Hamilton, Todd A. 2007. Probability of wildfire-induced tree mortality in an interior pine forest of northern California: effects of thinning and prescribed fire. Forest Ecology and Management 247: 200-208.
- Ritchie, Martin; Oliver, Bill; Skinner Carl; Farris, Kerry; Zack, Steve; Nakamura, Gary. 2006. Effects of altering stand structure on wildfire severity and effects in the Blacks Mountain Experimental Forest, Cascade Range, California.. Project Number 03-2-3-20 In: Final Report, Joint Fire Science Program Joint Fire Science RFP 2003-2: TASK 3. 9 p.