Pacific Southwest Research Station
800 Buchanan Street
Albany, CA 94710-0011
Research Topics: Climate Change, Mitigation, and Adaptation Science
Climate Change Home |
Climate Change |
Ecosystem Effects |
Carbon Cycle |
Mitigation & Adaptation Strategies
Publications and Reports
- Kliejunas, John T. 2011. A risk assessment of climate change and the impact of forest diseases on forest ecosystems in the Western United States and Canada. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-236. Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. 70 p.
- Joyce, L.A., G.M. Blate, J.S. Littell, S.G. McNulty, C.I. Millar,
S.C. Moser, R.P. Neilson, K. O'Halloran, D.L. Peterson. 2008. Adaptation options for climate-sensitive ecosystems and resources:
National Forests. Chapter 3 in Preliminary review of adaptation
options for climate-sensitive ecosystems and resources. Synthesis
and Assessment Product 4.4, U.S. Climate Change Science Program.
to entire report. 873 pages.
- Millar, C.I., N.L. Stephenson, and S.L. Stephens. 2007. Climate Change and Forests of the Future: Managing in the Face of
Uncertainty. Ecological Applications 17(8): pp 2145-2151. Shorter
versions: CIRMOUNT Newsletter Mountain Views 2(1): 5-10 and Climate Change Resource Center Issue Paper 1-5.
- Millar, C.I., J.C. King, R.D. Westfall, H.A. Alden, and D.L. Delany.
2006. Late Holocene forest dynamics, volcanism, and climate change at Whitewing
Mountain and San Joaquin Ridge, Mono County, Sierra Nevada, CA, USA. Quaternary Research 66 (2006): 273-287.
- Millar, C.I., R. Neilson, D. Batchelet, R. Drapek, and J. Lenihan.
2006. Climate change at multiple scales. Chapter 3 in Salwasser, H.
and M. Cloughesy (eds). Forests, Carbon, and Climate Change. Oregon
Forest Resources Institute Publication.
- Millar, C.I. and L.B. Brubaker. 2006. Climate change and paleoecology: New contexts for restoration ecology. Chapter 15 in M. Palmer, D. Falk, and J. Zedler (eds) Restoration
Science. Island Press. pp315-340.
- Millar, C.I., L.J. Graumlich, D.L. Delany, R.D. Westfall, and J.K.
King. 2004. Response of subalpine conifers in the Sierra Nevada, California, U.S.A.,
to 20th-century warming and decadal climate variability. Arctic,
Antarctic, and Alpine Research, 36(2):181-200.
- Millar, C.I. 2004. Climate change as an ecosystem architect: Implications to rare plant
ecology, conservation, and management. In Brooks, M. (ed). Proceedings
of the Conference on Rare Plants, Ecology, and Conservation, 9-13
Feb 2002, Arcata, California. California Native Plant Society. Pgs.
- Westfall, RD and Millar, CI. 2004. Genetic Consequences of Forest Population Dynamics Influenced by Historic
Climatic Variability in the Western USA. Forest Ecology and Management.
The Conference and Workshops page has available PDF versions of most presentations from recent PSW