- Using Volunteers to Effectively Collect Tree Data
- New Research in the Works
- LA's Million Trees Initiative
- Oakland Watershed Restoration and Protection Study
- Sacramento Urban Forest for Clean Air Project
- A Green Streets Storm Water Management System for Paved Areas
Fall 2005/Winter 2006
Demystifying Reference Cities- the power behind STRATUM
- Reference cities: What are they?
- Reference cities: The research
- What is their relationship to STRATUM?
- Why is STRATUM important to you?
- What makes STRATUM different?
- What's new?
Making research work for you: the story of Greenprint
- The foundation is research
- Why Greenprint
- Setting research into action
- How does Greenprint work
- The Greenprint clearinghouse
Fire prevention in the wildland-urban interface.
- "New" defensible space
- Structural choices
- Two case studies
- Lessons learned
- New wildland-urban interface software
Regional urban forest canopy cover analysis.
- First-of-its-kind report
- Preliminary findings
- What's next
Replace field surveys with AVIRIS infrared
imagery. Can we?
- What it takes to identify individual tree species
- A comparison to other methods
- Study findings
- Conclusions and caveats
Fitting trees into the planning process.
- We take another look at how to do parking
Special Edition - January 2005
Air pollution control - the tree factor
- The pollutants
- How do trees clean the air
- The mystery of deposition unlocked
- "Green" economics
- Fitting trees into the regulatory process
- Fact Sheet on air pollution and the law
- What are your trees relative performance index?
- USDA Forest Service launches Treesearch
- How does your tree program "stack up"?
- STRATUM in Action
- How many trees will offset transport of the Olympic torch?
- Meet the new kid on the block
- Will there be space for trees in our future?
- Future research needs
- San Francisco trees poised to provide big benefits
- The Large Tree Argument: The case for large trees vs. small trees
- Marketing the urban forest: An art of persuasion
- Fact Sheet: Making the case for large trees
- Invest in investment potential
- Are your tree roots tripping you up?
- Fact Sheet: Species investment potential
- Surviving a budget crisis
- Benefits of the urban forest
- Fact Sheet: How to prepare for a budget cut
- Is all your rain going down the drain?
- Fact Sheet: Control stormwater runoff with trees
- Where are all the cool parking lots?
- EPA adopts Center's parking lot research
- Getting to the "root" of infrastructure damage
- Fact Sheet: Making parking lots more tree friendly
- Green plants or power plants?
- Trees for a Green LA: Program provides energy savings plus...
- New research project: wildland/urban interface
- Fact sheet: Save dollars with shade
- Welcome to Urban Forest Research
- Working for the West
- Meet the Staff
- Center for Urban Forest Research: where ballpark isn't good enough
- Science helps residents see the forest for the trees
- Factsheet: Benefits of the Urban Forest